Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CKtoph

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
I've found a few decent stands searching on Google, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any decent ones?

I think having a stand that could hold up my phone on my desk and nightstand in either landscape or portrait mode would be great.

Something like this would be pretty sexy, imo.

iclooly_iphone4.jpg

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Ohh, and we have a new winner. The swivel is key, although the reviews don't seem as strong as the Elago.

If you do buy it, write a mini review on here! I'll do the same.

I have to figure out if I'd rather have a charging dock or just a stand. I really like this dock too.

http://www.twelvesouth.com/product/hirise-iphone5-ipad-mini

Spigen Stand
+Swivels
+Landscape or Portrait
-Not technically a charging dock

HiRise
+Looks awesome
+Actual charging dock
-No landscape

CKtoph

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
If you do buy it, write a mini review on here! I'll do the same.

I have to figure out if I'd rather have a charging dock or just a stand. I really like this dock too.

http://www.twelvesouth.com/product/hirise-iphone5-ipad-mini

Spigen Stand
+Swivels
+Landscape or Portrait
-Not technically a charging dock

HiRise
+Looks awesome
+Actual charging dock
-No landscape

Sounds good. I'm about to pull the trigger on the Spigen stand. A key, for me, is to be able to use it in landscape mode.

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2011
USA
I like the elago stand but the fact that it cant adjust angles is really bugging me. Im thinking of getting the spigen but im just worried that it wont fit my phone and spigen tough armour case together

----------

Pulled the trigger on the Spigen stand. Should be here Monday.

can you take photo? will my 6+ and tough armor case fit with it?

CKtoph

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
I like the elago stand but the fact that it cant adjust angles is really bugging me. Im thinking of getting the spigen but im just worried that it wont fit my phone and spigen tough armour case together

-----------------------------------------

can you take photo? will my 6+ and tough armor case fit with it?

So far, I like the Spigen stand a lot. The fact that I can adjust the angle really makes it versatile for using it on my desk, nightstand, or on the plane. I'm using my 6 Plus with the Apple leather case on it, but I tried to show in one of the pics how much more clearance is left between the bracket and the phone/case to try and give you an idea of if it would fit with a thicker case.

I do have a concern that, perhaps, over time, the hinge that allows for a variable viewing angle would loosen and thereby not function as well, but only time will tell.

In the mean time, I'm pretty pleased with the purchase.

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_2.jpg

image.jpg

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2011
USA
So far, I like the Spigen stand a lot. The fact that I can adjust the angle really makes it versatile for using it on my desk, nightstand, or on the plane. I'm using my 6 Plus with the Apple leather case on it, but I tried to show in one of the pics how much more clearance is left between the bracket and the phone/case to try and give you an idea of if it would fit with a thicker case.

I do have a concern that, perhaps, over time, the hinge that allows for a variable viewing angle would loosen and thereby not function as well, but only time will tell.

In the mean time, I'm pretty pleased with the purchase.

Thanks, you sold me. I will be returning the elago and getting the spigen. thanks for the help.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
I ordered one this morning and I have the same concern, especially with a big 6+

marine0816

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2011
USA
I returned the spigen, I liked the fact that you can change the angles. But the fact that the top part is made of cheap plastic had me hating it. The elago all aluminum is a better premium feel. And I think it will last alot longer then the spigen half aluminum half plastic set up.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i love the elago stands. i already had both the ipad and iphone stands for my ipad mini and iphone 5.... the phone size works perfectly with my 6 plus!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.