Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dick Whitman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
I realize you can't really go wrong with either, but I'm still having trouble deciding.

The only thing that worries me about the iPhone 6 is its battery life, which Apple claims is only equal to or better than the iPhone 5s. I got terrible battery life with both my iPhone 5 and 5s so this is an area of concern. I am generally in areas with poor signal coverage, but even when I'm not, I can still only manage 4 - 5 hours of usage. Maybe both batteries were just bad, maybe something with my iCloud account was corrupt or there was some other unresolved issue, I don't know, but that was the reality I had.

Clearly the iPhone 6 Plus is the superior model (better battery, better screen, better camera, added landscape functionality, etc), but that all comes at the expense of easier portability and one-handed usability. The Disneyland review over at TechCrunch (http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/17/life-is-tough/)really swayed me towards the iPhone 6 Plus, but I'm still not sure.

Reminisce32

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2009
I mainly just want a bigger screen. I would use an iPad mini as my phone if it had cellular. I could care less what people think or what I would look like holding it up to my ear. Use the earphones if this is such a problem. Add to the fact that it's got better resolution and features that the iPhone 6 doesn't have.. no brainer.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
6 plus because I use my iPhone for pretty much everything but a phone. I watch a lot of videos, read a lot and the big screen is the biggest deal about it. The 1080p and ois is nice too.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Plus. The iPhone 6 is too small for me. I'm upgrading from a Razr.

arliu

macrumors regular
May 1, 2011
Plus because I was wayyy overdue for a big screen and apply is finally making up for it!

julius071

macrumors regular
May 15, 2011
Was planning to get the iPad mini but held off due to the new iPhone 6+ but will be coming in next month for me #

----------

Plus. The iPhone 6 is too small for me. I'm upgrading from a Razr.

That is one nice upgrade.

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
iPhone 6+ because if I wanted to try it and if I'm not happy with it, I think it would be easier to exchange it for a 6 due to low supplies of 6+

butterfly92

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
I chose 6+ because I wanted a bigger screen. I have used a bigger screen before and it was tough going back to my Iphone 5 after it. Iphone 6 doesn't seem like it would have worth for me to buy from an Iphone 5, but 6+? definitely.

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
iPhone 6 Plus because I enjoy owning the flagship device and not the equivalent to the iPhone 5c.

groupersandwich

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
6 because it provides what I need and desire. Thought about the Plus, but I think the 6 fits my personal needs better. I'm glad they did two sizes though, choice is a good thing!

shady25

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Which did you choose: iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, and why?

I picked the flagship iPhone 6 because I just purchased the mini with retina. Also, I had an s4 last year and it was a little too large for my female hands.

Patrick3D

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Round Lake, IL
6, 16GB Space Gray.

-Fewer moving parts (no optical image stabilization)
-Don't want a tablet, less so a phablet
-Small enough to fit in tighter pockets

My biggest gripe upgrading from a 4S is having to get a larger screen. I really prefer the smaller size of the 4S but it's over 2 years old now and struggling to run newer games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.