Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
I've seen some interest in this case around the boards but haven't seen a place with any concrete information. This thread is devoted to any information or questions related to the Shumuri Slim Case for the iPhone 6 (http://shumuri.com/collections/all-products/products/slim-case-iphone-6)

Grey_Side_a5079271-d64b-40cd-9ead-b07cfdaabc2b.png

Clear_Side_c776ab41-48d7-4e93-9bc0-5fce9eebf6ae.png

Blue_Side_14bd2d88-b8d9-4b87-8cea-ada81edee46c.png

I pre-ordered the grey transparent earlier this week. Once I have more updates, I will post them here.

Please feel free to join the discussion!

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Looks good, but I want to see reviews of this and the Ozaki Jellys before deciding which to buy.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Just had an email from Shumuri saying the two models will be made from from

Shumuri said:
flexible TPU and hard thin plastic

I'm liking the looks of the mockups so far. Nicest I've seen. Usually I don't like cases, but these could be the ticket.

6+ cases should be available from tomorrow IIRC

larry00

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
Apparently there is some relationship with Desmay, because they have what looks like the same case, with a couple of additional color options. I would love to see a picture of what the case looks like from the front.

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
I'm very insterested in this case but really want to see some more pics. Emailed the company and they said they going to have more of the pics soon.

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Apparently there is some relationship with Desmay, because they have what looks like the same case, with a couple of additional color options. I would love to see a picture of what the case looks like from the front.

wow, they are the same pictures as well. hmm

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010

I remember people being really mad with Desmay last year because quality felt like cheap $3 cases from China. Well see I wonder how flexible/soft it is. If it's really soft I'll most likely get it.

royinla14

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
I also wonder if and when Amazon will get these cases and offer a faster shipping. Right now it is $20 shipping if you wanted to get it fast....too much.

applebro

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
Beautiful case. I want one just so I can have a silver aluminum back to the front black tempered glass so it will have the same accents as my mbp

Dingado

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2011
Minnesota, United States
Looking for a review of one of these as well.

I honestly just want something that prevents scratches on the back. I will be careful enough not to drop it or throw it around. This would be perfect for that (maybe?) :rolleyes:

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I remember people being really mad with Desmay last year because quality felt like cheap $3 cases from China. Well see I wonder how flexible/soft it is. If it's really soft I'll most likely get it.

Thats all the Desmay cases ever where…cheap $3 cases. People deluded themselves into thinking they were something better (including myself).

Dingado

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2011
Minnesota, United States
Thats all the Desmay cases ever where…cheap $3 cases. People deluded themselves into thinking they were something better (including myself).

I never tried the Desmay cases, but in what way did they disappoint? Hopefully not in a way that people thought it was going to protect the iPhone from drops. All this case is, is to avoid scratches on the back of the phone. That's hopefully, what others are thinking they are going to do. It's 0.3mm. :)

My question, however, is whether or not the protruding camera still will protrude with the case or if it will line up perfectly. :eek:

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I never tried the Desmay cases, but in what way did they disappoint? Hopefully not in a way that people thought it was going to protect the iPhone from drops. All this case is, is to avoid scratches on the back of the phone. That's hopefully, what others are thinking they are going to do. It's 0.3mm. :)

My question, however, is whether or not the protruding camera still will protrude with the case or if it will line up perfectly. :eek:

never said they did…only that they were over priced

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007

It will still protrude. Look up the specs. The Camorra protrudes something like 0.6 mm. I have the Spigen Air Skin which is 0.4 mm and the camera still slightly protrudes. But it doesn't wobble when laid flat, and I don't really care about protecting the lens because it's sapphire, so I'm really with it. It's an awesome case for those who don't want to wait for this other one.

By the way, if you do order Spigen, order from Amazon. Many folks who ordered direct from the company are having trouble, but Amazon has been really reliable.

Dingado

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2011
Minnesota, United States
It will still protrude. Look up the specs. The Camorra protrudes something like 0.6 mm. I have the Spigen Air Skin which is 0.4 mm and the camera still slightly protrudes. But it doesn't wobble when laid flat, and I don't really care about protecting the lens because it's sapphire, so I'm really with it. It's an awesome case for those who don't want to wait for this other one.

By the way, if you do order Spigen, order from Amazon. Many folks who ordered direct from the company are having trouble, but Amazon has been really reliable.

Thank you for this.

I have been thinking about ordering the Air Skin from Spigen, but for whatever reason I am not sure I like any of the colors with the space gray iPhone? I am not sure yet.. Maybe I will check them out a little more.

ryanwongg

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2013
Thank you for this.

I have been thinking about ordering the Air Skin from Spigen, but for whatever reason I am not sure I like any of the colors with the space gray iPhone? I am not sure yet.. Maybe I will check them out a little more.

thisss. I too cannot find a cases i like with the space gray. I was contemplating the air skin from Spigen (gray) but from a couple pictures I've seen, the design of the phone doesn't show through too much.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
thisss. I too cannot find a cases i like with the space gray. I was contemplating the air skin from Spigen (gray) but from a couple pictures I've seen, the design of the phone doesn't show through too much.

I have the clear frost or whatever on my space gray phone. At first I wasn't sure about it but it's growing on me. The apple logo does show through pretty good, and the thing about actual clear cases is they start turning yellow and/or they start getting dust or hair inside them and look like crap. At least with the frost look it won't show that kind of stuff, and hopefully it won't yellow.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
PICTURES, please

I have the clear frost or whatever on my space gray phone. At first I wasn't sure about it but it's growing on me. The apple logo does show through pretty good, and the thing about actual clear cases is they start turning yellow and/or they start getting dust or hair inside them and look like crap. At least with the frost look it won't show that kind of stuff, and hopefully it won't yellow.

Dingado

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2011
Minnesota, United States

I, too, would like a picture! Thanks for your feedback!! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.