Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Wow $200 credit from Samsung, ill put my old iphone 4 to use. Anyone know the details? Maybe a rebate?

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
$830 is a little steep for phone nowadays. It feels a little strange after buying the OPO. I believe the Note 3 was $710~

Last edited:

bmt134

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
Any information on the Unlocked International Note 4? No way I'm paying 850 for ATT version...

Ent

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
That don't mention anything about time.. Do pre-orders start at 12:01am?

Also,for AT&T, any word on when the gold version may be offered?!

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
Man, I'm amazed at how much money people will throw out just for the latest and greatest device that they'll ditch in a year!

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Any information on the Unlocked International Note 4? No way I'm paying 850 for ATT version...

Agreed. As much as I don't like Touchwiz and am not a fan of Samsungs hardware designs, this would stop me cold first and foremost. HTC and Motorola offer unlocked, carrier bloat ware free versions of their devices, why the hell can't Samsung?

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Might try T-Mobile version since it's $749.76.

Wow, with the $200 credit that brings it to $549, very nice. No way I'm getting the ATT version.

----------

Man, I'm amazed at how much money people will throw out just for the latest and greatest device that they'll ditch in a year!

And you're on a forum about Apple devices? :confused: Doh?

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Anyone know how difficult it will be to buy a Tmobile one WITHOUT a Tmobile account? I know they make their money off accounts and not off of hardware sales. Also I don't know how they would handle the trade in phone, would they apply it to the new phone or make me receive it as a phone bill credit?

Bishope1999

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2010
Anyone know how difficult it will be to buy a Tmobile one WITHOUT a Tmobile account? I know they make their money off accounts and not off of hardware sales. Also I don't know how they would handle the trade in phone, would they apply it to the new phone or make me receive it as a phone bill credit?
Not sure about the trade in, but the best way to go about it is to buy the phone up full price at t-mobile.com. You have to choose one of their plans, I think the $40 plan would be the cheapest. Once you receive the phone, call them asap and tell them you are not interested in their services and not to activate your account.

That's what I'll do. Buy the Note 4 from T-mobile. $750 + $52 for taxes and $40 for the first month service if they ask me for it. Receive the phone, cancel the t-mobile service and just install my MetroPCS sim card in. Since MetroPCS runs on T-mobile's network, I won't have to get it unlocked. Otherwise, you need to use their services for 40 days and have the account in good standing before they unlock your phone. Even if you pay up front for the phone :rolleyes:

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Not sure about the trade in, but the best way to go about it is to buy the phone up full price at t-mobile.com. You have to choose one of their plans, I think the $40 plan would be the cheapest. Once you receive the phone, call them asap and tell them you are not interested in their services and not to activate your account.

That's what I'll do. Buy the Note 4 from T-mobile. $750 + $52 for taxes and $40 for the first month service if they ask me for it. Receive the phone and just install my MetroPCS sim card in. Since MetroPCS runs on T-mobile's network, I won't have to get it unlocked. Otherwise, you need to use their services for 40 days and have the account in good standing before they unlock your phone. Even if you pay up front for the phone :rolleyes:

Thanks. I think I'll give that a try, but in store with my trade in phone. So when I get home I can just call Tmobile and say I don't want the plan but want to keep the phone, right? Will they still charge me that first month, or prorate the one day? I suppose if they charge me the trade in money from my phone will go towards that and I'll still get $150 from Samsung. I don't see anywhere on Samsung where they require you to have or keep service.

I'm not too worried about unlocking, unlock codes for non Apple phones are pretty easy but I'm using it on AT&T and from what I understand it doesn't have to be unlocked, am I wrong?

Bishope1999

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2010
Thanks. I think I'll give that a try, but in store with my trade in phone. So when I get home I can just call Tmobile and say I don't want the plan but want to keep the phone, right? Will they still charge me that first month, or prorate the one day? I suppose if they charge me the trade in money from my phone will go towards that and I'll still get $150 from Samsung. I don't see anywhere on Samsung where they require you to have or keep service.

I'm not too worried about unlocking, unlock codes for non Apple phones are pretty easy but I'm using it on AT&T and from what I understand it doesn't have to be unlocked, am I wrong?
Well, when I bought my Galaxy S4 from t-mobile, I did it online. I'm not really sure how pushy the sales reps are in making sure I switch over my phone number or if they want to install the sim card in, I really didn't want to deal with that lol. But if they make you pay the first month service, and you cancel it within 15 days, they will refund you that money. I doubt Samsung will require you to have service. it seems that they mainly want you to pre order it and have it paid off if you're going to use it on another network.

Well, yes, it isn't very hard to get unlocked codes for Android phones. But if you are going to use that phone on AT&T, it will have to be unlocked, otherwise you will get a message once you put in the AT&T GSM card saying that the phone is locked. T-mobile will keep it locked to their network, same way as AT&T keeps it locked into their network until you use their services for 60 days, after which, they will unlock it.

All of this is going off my ordeal on July 2013 when I bought the T-Mobile Galaxy S4. I learned all those things. Not sure if things have drastically changed since then, just look into well. As long as you can easily get an unlocked code, you won't have an issue. On xda I also saw a way to unlock the GS4. I followed the steps, but I never found out if it unlocked the phone or not since I used Metro PCS and they use T-Mobile's network

Make sure both models have the same frequency bands too. A friend of mine bought an AT&T unlocked Galaxy S4 and ran it on T-Mobile. He wouldn't get such good service if he wasn't on a 4G LTE area. Might work different with AT&T or the Note 4 just includes all those bands.

aeboi

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2009
Bay Area
I haven't been paying attention to the bands/bootloaders but the Note 3 bootloader was unlocked for the T-Mobile version, so it might be wise just to the get the T-Mobile version anyways if the LTE band work for AT&T

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.