Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

conductormania

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Hi there,

My daughter dropped her white Macbook (2008). It works totally fine apart from distorted multicoloured lines down the middle of the screen. I wondered if it was a motherboard issue, or an LCD panel issue.

I've turned on screen sharing, and I can see a totally clear desktop when I control the screen from my MacBook Pro.

So does this mean that it definitely IS a LCD panel problem only? If so, I'll replace the panel myself....but if it's the motherboard...well...

Thanks!

sporadicMotion

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2008
Your girlfriends place
Hi there,

My daughter dropped her white Macbook (2008). It works totally fine apart from distorted multicoloured lines down the middle of the screen. I wondered if it was a motherboard issue, or an LCD panel issue.

I've turned on screen sharing, and I can see a totally clear desktop when I control the screen from my MacBook Pro.

So does this mean that it definitely IS a LCD panel problem only? If so, I'll replace the panel myself....but if it's the motherboard...well...

Thanks!

It's just a damaged LCD. A new one will sort that very easily.

conductormania

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your time. I'll get hold of a replacement and fit it. Glad it's not a problem with the logic board - though I suppose that too could be replaced, and the guides online are very handy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.