Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Just got off the phone with Apple to ask about my order and before we hung up the lady just randomly asked me if I wanted a free case. I said hell yeah give me midnight blue and now it's on its way. Gotta love these guys.

Anyone else get one?

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
All these posts are making seem like I can call Apple and be like "Hey, how you doin' " and I would get a free case.

robbie12345

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
United States
Just got off the phone with Apple to ask about my order and before we hung up the lady just randomly asked me if I wanted a free case. I said hell yeah give me midnight blue and now it's on its way. Gotta love these guys.

Anyone else get one?

Yes lol, but with two iphone 6s. not plus. I was asking about price matching and they offered those instead

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
We should all get free cases for having to refresh Apple's website for two hours past the scheduled pre-order time.

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
What was the purpose of your call?

Concerns with my order status.

And yes, you could simply do that I imagine (ask how they're doing). It's up to rep to do it and if you ask them they will turn you down every time.

Dandrews524

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
New York
i got a free leather case coming from Apple. it won't be here till the 23rd or so but still very cool of them. Those things are like $45 bucks.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I was able to get a free case because I couldn't order apple care at the same time. Wasn't looking for it, but they offered it to me for the inconvenience. Although apple is pricey on their items, they sure do take care of their customers. :)

Dandrews524

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
New York
How did you go about getting that?

It was on the 12th when i contacted apple about the "we have reserved an iphone for you" message that i received. i was asking the dude if i could just cancel my verizon preorder and go with the apple preorder. So he told me to call verizon and cancel and then he said he would call me back to complete my reservation. After we finished my order he just asked what my favorite color was and told me he was gonna send me a free case. Needless to say he got a great survey and he would have gotten one regardless of the free case

mackingit

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2011
New York
i got one because the lady felt bad my delivery date was so far in the future. Mid october to be exact.

She offered after I tried to add a case to my order

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Wish I could get a free case. But I legit have no reason to call Apple... Especially since I placed my order through Verizon :/

MDMac

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2006
McAllen, TX
My 6+ case arrived in black but I ordered it in brown. Csr told me I could keep black case and sent me a brown one.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Just got off the phone regarding not being offered to add apple care+ at checkout and he tried to add it now but couldn't due to some Florida law about buying insurance. He said I had to go to the apple store to buy apple care+. He congratulated me on getting the 6+ tomorrow and how he wanted one but couldn't get one till October so he settled for a 6. He never offered a case.

nyc2pdx

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
Portland, Oregon
I called just now to add AppleCare + and mentioned I couldn't add it when I preordered. He couldn't add it as the phone was already shipped but said "how about a free Beats by Dre set of headphones?" Its the in ear ones that retail for $149. I thanked him and he put in the order for Tuesday delivery. I was shocked. When I get home I'll post a screenshot as proof for the naysayers!

MauriceMoss

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
I've tried three times now. I must not be hitting any of the right keywords or something.

or

They know I've called three times looking for a free case.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
So you just ask to speak with a representative and ask some questions about how your order is going to be delivered so late? And they offer you a free case? Lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.