Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jmarziano

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2012
Philadelphia
What are you the chances of actually getting a 6 plus tomorrow? Also, are AT&T stores getting them. Any info would be great. I'm in the philadelphia area and some stores said there are already lines forming.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
If you line up early, chances are decent at the Apple Store. Carrier stores, very low chance.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
What are you the chances of actually getting a 6 plus tomorrow? Also, are AT&T stores getting them. Any info would be great. I'm in the philadelphia area and some stores said there are already lines forming.

Why didnt you just preorder last week? You will be hard pressed to find one in a store for the next month or so.

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013

There's story of the main page of MacRumors that says that there are VERY few 6 +s available for walk-in buyers at the Apple Store. And only one color. I don't think they said which color.

Last year when the iPhone 5s Gold was the rare one, the carriers didn't get any if I recall and the Apple Stores each got one. If you get in the line when they first open, I think the Apple employee will be going down the line and asking what you want. The employee will tell you whether they have enough for you to get what you want that day. I say "when the store opens" because I think if you're not in line in the first 1-3 positions, you might as well wait until the store opens so you don't waste hours waiting for the 6+. I don't think this applies if you want a 6.

Up to you of course. Good luck to you. I hope you beat the odds.

EW800

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2012

Not sure AT&T Stores, however I know from info from a local Verizon District Manager that they will have VERY FEW 6+ devices. He stated that with the 9 different variations, there will likely be a few of the variations that they have none of, while the others may have a few each. It sure looks like there are not going to many 6+'s tomorrow.

njn007

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Southeastern PA, USA
There's story of the main page of MacRumors that says that there are VERY few 6 +s available for walk-in buyers at the Apple Store. And only one color. I don't think they said which color.

That BGR article seemed to be more about partner stores, like AT&T, Sprint, Walmart, etc. I would personally believe your BEST shot is at an Apple store.

Good luck, fellow camper!

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
At the best buy store that I work at, we're not getting the 6+ in at all tomorrow. No idea when we'll get them in. Even the preorder only allowed customers to get the 6. The iPhone 6+ is definitely the gold 5S of 2014 in terms of availability.

farmkittie

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
That BGR article seemed to be more about partner stores, like AT&T, Sprint, Walmart, etc. I would personally believe your BEST shot is at an Apple store.

Good luck, fellow camper!
Oh, ok. That's good. I was just using last year's gold phone shortage as a guide but it may not apply to this year's 6+ shortage. Last year I heard the carriers often didn't get any gold and the apple stores only got 1 each.

Guy Mancuso

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
No AT&T stores got gold 5s last year in all of Arizona . Don't expect any 6+ from any of the carriers either. Apple is your best bet but you better be almost kissing the front door to get one.

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
No AT&T stores got gold 5s last year in all of Arizona . Don't expect any 6+ from any of the carriers either. Apple is your best bet but you better be almost kissing the front door to get one.

My local store they have a "limited amount".

btkadams

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2012
Is it less scarce in Canada or something? I was able to preorder the black iPhone 6+ 128GB on the telus website with estimated shipping date of October 6th earlier today. You guys are making me concerned that it's going to get delayed months or something lol.

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA

Well, are you going to chance it and try? Just curious?

miamiblue112

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Decent because i expect ppl like my wife to take their 6+ back right away when actually see how big it is.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005

I think your best chance would be to find an apple store with no or a very small line and get in it now. If whats thought is true, they will be very limited.

Iphone6crazy

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Somebody is getting those 6+ supposedly they are cranking out 140,000 per day...and how long have they been doing this? In just the week since the preorder they would have built 980,000!!! Now where is my 6+

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.