Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
So disappointed in Spigen that I had to make this thread and on how so many people are in the same window as me.

On Saturday September 13, 2014 10:49:43 AM PDT (to be exact) I place my order with Spigen for iPhone 6 Black Capsule Case. Literally 30 mins after I place my order for iPhone 6 with Apple.

On the website, Spigen saids it would take 24-48hrs to process my order before it can be shipped out. So I figure by Tuesday or Wednesday the latest it would be ship out.

So yesterday I email Spigen to ask about what's going on with my order. How come is it still processing. No response.

Then earlier today (9/18) I tweeted Spigen what gives? (not exactly what I tweeted but you know what I mean). Nothing.

Finally I went on there Facebook page to see if other people were making complaints as well as reading this thread on macrumors
15261860846_ae056dcb24_o.png

Then @ mentions on Twitter:
15098178830_ee50565c85_o.png

15098325208_20e42dd0f1_o.png

There were more complaints/concerns on Twitter then Facebook.
What pisses me off and the rest of those customers is how Spigen has been silent this week. No posts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc...
I even googled there headquarters to see if I could call them. Which did but however was transfer to a automated message to leave a voicemail. Figures.

By this point I really wanted to cancel my order but at the same time I've seen other people on twitter and Facebook wanting to cancel there orders but having no response. So what's the point. I was then thinking "eventually they have to send out my case." I mean people on here and youtube videos love there cases so I don't believe there a scam. However, I'm still worried and concern how long will it take to get my case shipped.

UPDATE: Spigen updated there website on there cases. Availability is now "SHIPS OUT WITHIN 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS"
They finally tweeted me back too (12 hours later)
15281969931_2bd5c96632_o.png

Well hopefully I receive my case by next week but who knows. Best of luck with Spigengate everybody. I know I'm not the only one.

Vihzel

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Not really sure what's going on with buying directly on Spigen but got my case fast and on time via Amazon.

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
That stinks. They sure shipped my Spigen case from Amazon quick - i got it the Saturday the 13th. Don't think they can pull that stuff on the Amazon side of their business.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Seems this only happens when you order from the site. I got my case and screen protector shipped out the next day through Amazon.

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Not really sure what's going on with buying directly on Spigen but got my case fast and on time via Amazon.

Yeah a lot of people have been getting there cases through Amazon. However not all there cases are fulfilled by Amazon such as the case I ordered.

I figure ordering straight from manufacture would be faster but not so much.

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Yeah a lot of people have been getting there cases through Amazon. However not all there cases are fulfilled by Amazon such as the case I ordered.

I figure ordering straight from manufacture would be faster but not so much.

Mine was not fulfilled by Amazon. It was fulfilled by Spigen Inc through their Amazon store. Spigen sure as hell shipped it out fast. It arrived faster than Prime.

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2006
I didn't buy a case but bought screen protectors. It ended-up taking an extra day to ship, but they're literally in my backyard, so I didn't mind. Never had any problems with ordering from them in the past.

aquababie

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
I ordered from Amazon as well since I have Prime. Some cases are in stock while some have dates toward the end of the month.

uchosen

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
So frustrating because I was debating whether or not I should order from Amazon originally. ugh

Eh, don't get down about it, just a case. You'll get it eventually. In the meantime, maybe get a crap temporary case from Best Buy or someone local.

macosxuser01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Eh, don't get down about it, just a case. You'll get it eventually. In the meantime, maybe get a crap temporary case from Best Buy or someone local.

I went to AT&T store tonight but didn't feel like paying $30+ for some of there cases they had. Best Buy will probably be sold out.
Question if I were to buy a case from AT&T or Apple, I could return within 30 days even if I used it correct?

Last edited:

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I went to AT&T store tonight but didn't feel like paying $30+ for some of there cases they had. Best Buy will probably be sold out.
Question if I were to buy a case from AT&T or Apple, I could return within 30 days even if I used it correct?

Best Buy is selling their cases online now for In Store Pickup... So just buy it there and then one will be reserved :) -- I had the same problems with Spigen so that's what I ended up doing. At the time of ordering all of the Tough Armors were shipped directly from Spigen so I figured a whole week ahead would give me plenty of time... But it didn't :(

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Wow I was unaware of these recent spigen threads. I ordered my screen protector directly from their site last Friday and I haven't heard a peep from them. So angry...:mad:

Now I'm trying to quickly look for a new screen protector for tomorrow.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Wow I was unaware of these recent spigen threads. I ordered my screen protector directly from their site last Friday and I haven't heard a peep from them. So angry...:mad:

Now I'm trying to quickly look for a new screen protector for tomorrow.

Spigen has the worst customer service ever. This happened with the iPhone 5S very similar situation. Bottom line is you need to order their cases through Amazon where it says Amazon does the fulfillment. Buying directly from Spiegen causes almost a one-month delay in most cases.

BJ

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
Yup, Spigen's customer service and fulfillment record has long been mixed.

It was the same way last year when I was researching a case for the 5.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Spigen has the worst customer service ever. This happened with the iPhone 5S very similar situation. Bottom line is you need to order their cases through Amazon where it says Amazon does the fulfillment. Buying directly from Spiegen causes almost a one-month delay in most cases.

BJ

I absolutely believe you. Never again will I be doing this.

toxictrix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
Texas
Bought a spigen case over a week ago and still no shipping. I've contacted them multiple times without a reply. Now they finally reply and say it is preparing to ship so I can't refund you buy you can send it back and pay return shipping. Wtf. I really hate this company. They've sent me a bogus tracking number 2 days ago that still shows no activity. This company is very slimy.

jrcsh6

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
Sorry to say I ordered a 6+ case on the 11th and for it. Them ended up getting a 6. So ordered another on the 12th. Had both by Wednesday. Good luck! They're nice cases when you get them!

youknome

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
They well and truly suck for customer service, no response from Twitter/Facebook.

Thankfully I got my capsule case fulfilled by Amazon, but I had to return the screen protectors because they have no camera cut out! Piss poor from Spigen.

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
Bought a spigen case over a week ago and still no shipping. I've contacted them multiple times without a reply. Now they finally reply and say it is preparing to ship so I can't refund you buy you can send it back and pay return shipping. Wtf. I really hate this company. They've sent me a bogus tracking number 2 days ago that still shows no activity. This company is very slimy.

I got the exact same email. And I got a tracking number a few days ago too that has had zero movement or activity.

I think we will be ok if purchased through Amazon, but I'm going to try to refuse delivery. I sure as heck won't be spending any money on return shipping!

tony85

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2013
I ordered my tough armor in smooth black couple days ago with free super saver delivery on there amazon store and i got today very impresseed by product very slim line looks great and fast delivery also without prime!

the product was fulfilled by amazon.

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
I posted this on another thread:

The good:
Great products, I love the SlimArmor on my 5S
Glad to see so many have had better experiences than me and have received their 6 and 6+ cases - enjoy.

The Bad: Horrible customer service and no ethics
Just do not deal with Spigen directly
Just got off the phone with Amazon Canada to get my money back.
I ordered an In Stock 6+ case from Amazon Canada, from "Spigen Canada".
I was sent a non-existant USPS tracking number.
Emails to Spigen for the past 5 days have been ignored.
Amazon is working to reverse the transaction.
So they tell you it is in stock just to take your money.
I have been conned by Spigen and I feel a bit stupid about that.

dieburnbot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
CA
Spigengate

Or just leave the protective clingy plastic it comes with on it. That's what I do when I don't have a case at launch.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I ordered two Spigen 6 Plus cases on Amazon (but fulfilled by Spigen) on the 12th. Finally received them yesterday which I am happy about but they do ship slowly. In fact, I believe they use the slowest kind out there- UPS, then delivered by the Post Office. Luckily my local post office is fairly quick and had it to me the same day that they picked it up from UPS. But next time I will definitely only buy a Spigen case if it is fulfilled by Amazon.

foreplay

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2012
I don't have any sympathy for the OP

I just don't think it is reasonable to expect over the top customer service for a $15 product with extremely unpredictable demand

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.