Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dreamerkan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Dear all,

I just remember after update to 7.X iOS, then, my iPhone 5 will power off with battery level over 60% or 70% and cannot power on until it is plug to charger.

I have kept update the iOS (to IOS 8 now) but it is no help.

I have tried backup the phone, erase all data and restore it again. It still no help.

Can anyone help?

Ivan

dreamerkan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Yes.

I have called the Apple support and they check my mobile battery through online. They said my battery is in good condition and even though I was within the battery replacement group, my iphone need not battery replacement.

It seems I should find some time for the battery replacement...

Ivan

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Yes.

I have called the Apple support and they check my mobile battery through online. They said my battery is in good condition and even though I was within the battery replacement group, my iphone need not battery replacement.

It seems I should find some time for the battery replacement...

Ivan

They lied to you. They can't check the battery condition online. If you are eligible to have it replaced, make an appointment with apple to get it replaced. This is exactly the issue that the replacement program was meant to solve.

horsebattery

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
They lied to you. They can't check the battery condition online. If you are eligible to have it replaced, make an appointment with apple to get it replaced. This is exactly the issue that the replacement program was meant to solve.

Unless the program changed, the remote diagnosis procedure should be able to detect these types of problems. I'm assuming that's what the OP used.

To OP: Are you able to get to an Apple store? That might be your best bet since they'd be more readily able to help you there (regardless of what the diagnosis said).

Last edited:

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
Battery needs to be replaced. The issue with the batteries is/was it showed 100% charge when it really wasn't. Therefore it would die while still erroneously showing a % charge.

dreamerkan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Battery needs to be replaced. The issue with the batteries is/was it showed 100% charge when it really wasn't. Therefore it would die while still erroneously showing a % charge.

Thx! Before, I thought that was IOS problem as it cannot get the correct battery % remaining and force my iphone shutdown.

You give me another view of this issue. I will arrange to change the battery asap.

Thx.

Ivan

dreamerkan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Last Sat, I have taken my iPhone 5 to the Apple Authorized Repairing center to replace my battery.

The staff check my iphone battery and insist the battery is no problem, even though my iPhone is within the scrop of the battery replacement scheme.

I insist the battery had problem that my iphone auto shutdown at battery level 60-70 % and even higher.

They agreed to check the battery and after 4 hours, they said my iphone battery had no problem.

The most funny thing is that, when I left that center and inside the lift, I accidently press the camera button and then my iphone shutdown immediately. The battery level looks over 90%.

Yesterday, I found that if I did not use the cellular data, my iphone can be used for a longer time, and if I use cellular data, my iphone will shutdown at battery level 60-90%.

I feel so frustrated as I need take out a reserve charger with me every day.

Ivan

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
Then come back to the store and demand a replacement. I just got my battery replaced today with no problem.

Also I went to the Apple Store directly to get it replaced instead of authorized reseller.

dreamerkan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
At first, I want to go to Apple store to replace the battery.

The iPhone6 make the apple store reservation system gone crazy and I have no way to book any session. :(:(:(

I will try best to book apple store for battery replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.