Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
I cannot get the mail "notify to work" for either my Exchange Account to my iCloud Account, it is suppose to let me know whenever someone responds to an e-mail that I mark.tag "notify me"...

If anyone is able to get it working please share your settings / setup with me.

Thanks..

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
The notification does not work as one would think -- i.e. you do not get an e-mail, iMessage, SMS, etc. telling you that the e-mail has been read...rather, notification is a categorization / class of e-mails with a separate e-mail folder and Notification rules much like VIP...

The naming / nomenclature should have been different but essentially it is an easy way to override the default Notification rules in the event something urgent does come up.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The notification does not work as one would think -- i.e. you do not get an e-mail, iMessage, SMS, etc. telling you that the e-mail has been read...rather, notification is a categorization / class of e-mails with a separate e-mail folder and Notification rules much like VIP...

The naming / nomenclature should have been different but essentially it is an easy way to override the default Notification rules in the event something urgent does come up.
Well you do get a push notification.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.