Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Transporter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
Hey guys!

Just received my new iPhone 6 (128GB grey) and ran into the blue error of death error right after 4 minutes during setup. Tried various things, nothing! I spoke to AppleCare and will receive a replacement unit in a few days. It's a shame after all the previous excitement of receiving the device on day one...! I'm pissed!

Im curious though whether this is a very rare hardware error on the Iphone 6 or if this will occur more often! I've heard of at least one more user here in Germany with the same error!

Cheers!

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Oh no this happened with the iPhone 5S to a lot of people. It turned out to be a software issue, and a reboot would usually fix it. so your issue sounds hardware related. I hope its a one-off and not a widespread problem.

Transporter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
I would just reinstall the entire OS and see what happens.

That won't work because of an hardware error! I'm in recovery mode, but the whole procedure is stuck on "waiting for Iphone" until i get error code 4005 and 21 (hardware related). The background light is on, but the screen remains black.

AppleCare said there's practically no chance that the Phone will "wake up" now since all the procedures I tried had no effect.

If you guys have an idea, plz share!!

Pluto88888

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014
That won't work because of an hardware error! I'm in recovery mode, but the whole procedure is stuck on "waiting for Iphone" until i get error code 4005 and 21 (hardware related). The background light is on, but the screen remains black.

AppleCare said there's practically no chance that the Phone will "wake up" now since all the procedures I tried had no effect.

If you guys have an idea, plz share!!

Your not alone mine phone crashed once and I have dust under my screen my replacement says Oct 14th.

Transporter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
Your not alone mine phone crashed once and I have dust under my screen my replacement says Oct 14th.

Gosh..sorry to hear that it'll take so long! I really really hope it won't take like more than a week or so till I get my replacement unit! This is so annoying...!!!

I'm really curious if this is a more widespread issue or not!

Pluto88888

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014
Gosh..sorry to hear that it'll take so long! I really really hope it won't take like more than a week or so till I get my replacement unit! This is so annoying...!!!

I really hope I don't need wait to Oct.

Pluto88888

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014

What you timeframe for your replacement mines is saying Delivery: 15 Oct, 2014 - 22 Oct, 2014 by Standard Shipping

ncyankeealva

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
So mine has blue screened while in Facebook? Happened once yesterday. Must have rebooted while sleeping bc asked for my passcode again and blue screened again this morning and then red screened while switching from Facebook to safari.

monkeymagic730

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
So mine has blue screened while in Facebook? Happened once yesterday. Must have rebooted while sleeping bc asked for my passcode again and blue screened again this morning and then red screened while switching from Facebook to safari.

Get a replacement don't take the chance.

ncyankeealva

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2008
So I have a call scheduled with a senior advisor from apple but I went to the Apple Store and had a genius look at the logs. Phone is kernel panicing. Bad logic board. Snuck in as I knew some people but guy said it needs to be replaced.

Pluto88888

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2014

I think my phone replacement take so long because it's iphone 6 Plus model.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
So my phone just blue screened while in Safari. I think my 5s did this once then a software update corrected the issue.

Transporter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
So my phone just blue screened while in Safari. I think my 5s did this once then a software update corrected the issue.

But you are able to restart or restore the device, right? Mine died completely after having the bluescreen! Guess it can happen software- and hardware-wise!

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
But you are able to restart or restore the device, right? Mine died completely after having the bluescreen! Guess it can happen software- and hardware-wise!

It restarted on its own! I was watching a video in Safari and tried fast forwarding a bit then the screen went unresponsive and the audio kept playing, and then I got this blue screen out of nowhere for like 1.5 seconds and it just restarted itself.

Things have been running fine since that happened though. I'm thinking its iOS 8 just being a hot mess.

Transporter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2013
It restarted on its own! I was watching a video in Safari and tried fast forwarding a bit then the screen went unresponsive and the audio kept playing, and then I got this blue screen out of nowhere for like 1.5 seconds and it just restarted itself.

Things have been running fine since that happened though. I'm thinking its iOS 8 just being a hot mess.

Glad to hear that it didn't cause your phone to just die like mine did! My bluescreen lastet for a few minutes till i decided to try a soft reset! Which obviously didn't work out..! AppleCare suggested that it might be a faulty display unit! Whatever...just want a working iPhone 6 replacement!

tirexstorm

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2007
I kept getting red screens then reboots earlier this morning, now i am getting a blue screen and reboots. iPhone 6.

erftbll81

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
I just got a blue screen on my 6plus, it showed an entire blue screen for about 2 seconds, then went black, and the apple logo appeared. About 10 seconds later, the springboard came up and all has been fine since.

Any ideas? Should i call apple to get it traded in?

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
Man the issues are all over the board with these new 6 and 6+ phones coupled with iOS 8.

Slow wifi
Keyboard issues
Data dropping
Bendghazi
Cases not fitting
Screen's not flat
Dead pixels
BSOD
RSOD
Phones running extremely hot
etc etc etc

I am honestly 50% excited and 50% scared to death to get mine and my g/f's phones in in a couple days.

jayden

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2007
Blue screen of death a few times today on iPhone 6 less than a week old. Never seen this happen with an iPhone, or any Apple product - been using dozens of them for years. Pretty embarrassing for Apple.

vibeknight

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
Gotta add myself to the list here. My iPhone 6 128GB has blue screened and restarted (actually I think it's just a re spring most of the time) a handful of times now since launch day. I'd say about 5-10 times total. Most recently about 10 minutes ago while doing nothing memory or processor intensive, just browsing in safari. I also don't have hundreds of apps installed as I've seen mentioned in some threads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.