Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loudkid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Just got home from getting my iPhone 6 128 g, space grey. I stood in line at the AT&T store and only waited 2.5 hours and was out of there with it. I did see AT&T stores in other locations that were saturated with lines but the store I went had maybe 60 people waiting in line at 8:00 am.

I can tell you that there was limited supply on the 6 plus, and this will be everywhere according to the store reps due to the demand of pre-orders. So, at this point and time those of you who ordered the 6 16, 64, 128 g have a better chance at getting your orders a lot sooner than the 6 plus orders. I'm just saying this is what they told us in line. The 6 plus orders were backing up to 2 months wait if you were to order today.

For the first time I was able to physically see in person, the 6 and the 6 plus. I must say that the 6 you'll find significantly bigger than any iPhone. The 6 plus (in comparison) is the size of a Galaxy Note 3, I kid you not it's ginormous. People with small hands will probably have a hard time with one hand. I've owned a Galaxy note 3 and that's exactly what it feels like.

One more thing. The reason why I'm saying the 6 is plenty of size is because the iOS 8 has a built in zoom feature (not the accessibility) and you will be able to select the zoom operation for all functions not just some, or the original size if you choose. No overlapping of the texts in the browser that I've noticed and this is what the reps demonstrated.

Anyway I give you guys some first hand information and I hope its useful to you. Hang in there they are on the way. :D:apple::D
:apple:2 MacBook Pro's, iPad Mini 4G LTE, iPhone 6 128 g, iPod Touch 5th Gen 32 g:apple:

Last edited:

chraos

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
Southeast
Just got home from getting my iPhone 6 128 g, space grey. I stood in line at the AT&T store and only waited 2.5 hours and was out of there with it. I did see AT&T stores in other locations that were saturated with lines but the store I went had maybe 60 people waiting in line at 8:00 am.

I can tell you that there was limited supply on the 6 plus, and this will be everywhere according to the store reps due to the demand of pre-orders. So, at this point and time those of you who ordered the 6 16, 64, 128 g have a better chance at getting your orders a lot sooner than the 6 plus orders. I'm just saying this is what they told us in line. The 6 plus orders were backing up to 2 months wait if you were to order today.

For the first time I was able to physically see in person, the 6 and the 6 plus. I must say that the 6 you'll find significantly bigger than any iPhone. The 6 plus (in comparison) is the size of a Galaxy Note 3, I kid you not it's ginormous. People with small hands will probably have a hard time with one hand. I've owned a Galaxy note 3 and that's exactly what it feels like.

One more thing. The reason why I'm saying the 6 is plenty of size is because the iOS 8 has a built in zoom feature (not the accessibility) and you will be able to select the zoom operation for all functions not just some, or the original size if you choose. No overlapping of the texts in the browser that I've noticed and this is what the reps demonstrated.

Anyway I give you guys some first hand information and I hope its useful to you. Hand in there they are on the way. :D:apple::D

Very interesting, I am seriously considering going with the 6. Got my 6 Plus Space Gray 64GB this morning and while I definitely am digging the extra screen real estate, it is much bigger than I thought. I have a 6 Space Gray 64GB on pre-order which should be arriving any minute now. This weekend I will have to seriously contemplate which device to keep and which to sell. Life is so hard :p. #Firstworldproblems

Loudkid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
How's the speaker when playing music?

The speaker is not bad at all, however I did get a little spoiled with the HTC one M8 so if you know anything about that, the HTC wins that department. But for an iPhone I'm good with it. :D

:apple:2 MacBook Pro's, iPad Mini 4G LTE, iPhone 6 128 g, iPod Touch 5th Gen 32 g:apple:

Last edited:

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Speaker is more than acceptable IMHO. With earbuds it depends somewhat on their sensitivity level but man I cannot turn the volume up by more than 25% for anything I listened to.

Search on youtube for "audiophile music" and a recording entitled "Long After You're Gone" will come up almost first. Try it with or without earbuds. I'm happy with the quality.

Loudkid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Speaker is more than acceptable IMHO. With earbuds it depends somewhat on their sensitivity level but man I cannot turn the volume up by more than 25% for anything I listened to.

Search on youtube for "audiophile music" and a recording entitled "Long After You're Gone" will come up almost first. Try it with or without earbuds. I'm happy with the quality.

The speakers are good, i agree, but if you've never tried the HTC one M8 then you couldn't possibly understand the difference in quality. I traded my HTC one M8 for this iPhone, but it wasn't for the speakers. Just saying!

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Yup the 6 is WAY big enough barely comfortable using one handed, and like you say there's so much room for plenty of icons and forum browsing. I don't need any more space in fact it's slightly too much even for myself.

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
I preordered (and received) the 6 plus today. I returned it for the 6. It's a beautiful phone but it was just too big (i have fairly small hands). I went to the verizon store and checked the 6 and that was perfect. I would have preferred a full 5" but 5.5 was just too much. Honestly, I don't even know if it was really the width...I think it's the length of the phone that really messes it up for me. It's very "top heavy" IMO. If I didn't have a massive loving crush on my iPad air then maybe I'd consider it but the 6 is plenty for me. I'm big on one handed use as well.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
The speakers are good, i agree, but if you've never tried the HTC one M8 then you couldn't possibly understand the difference in quality. I traded my HTC one M8 for this iPhone, but it wasn't for the speakers. Just saying!

I have a HTC One M7 so I know. I'll make due as I can always fall back on it if I want to but I have a Sony Compact Disc Player from years ago that actually got rated by an audiophile magazine. I think I paid $69 or so back when. It is my more serious go to portable.

There is a great headphone section in my Marantz SACD player and that is my go to option for home listening through Sennheiser earphones for nighttime.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Very interesting, I am seriously considering going with the 6. Got my 6 Plus Space Gray 64GB this morning and while I definitely am digging the extra screen real estate, it is much bigger than I thought. I have a 6 Space Gray 64GB on pre-order which should be arriving any minute now. This weekend I will have to seriously contemplate which device to keep and which to sell. Life is so hard :p. #Firstworldproblems

I waited in line this morning at a local verizon store and was able to get a space gray iphone 6 plus, 5 hours later I decided I didn't like it and exchanged it for a space gray iphone 6 and couldn't be happier.

Dick Whitman

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
I think the design is beautiful and elegant and Apple at its best. The antenna bands are subtle and sleek, and the camera ring is a non-issue. The soft curvature of the ends of the display makes gesture motions that much more natural and smoother. I also love how Apple moved the power button to the side of the device, making it much easier to use.

austriak

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2011
I am glad I went with the 6. It feels like the right size. In a way, it feels more like an iPhone 5s plus.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
The speaker is not bad at all, however I did get a little spoiled with the HTC one M8 so if you know anything about that, the HTC wins that department. But for an iPhone I'm good with it. :D

Haha dem front speakers!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.