Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have any issues with your iPhone 6 / 6 Plus?

• No, everything is fine.

Votes: 209 67.6%
  • Yes.

Votes: 76 24.6%
  • Did not check it enough yet

Votes: 24 7.8%

• Total voters

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Hi guys,

I read through a lot of the forums here and on some other pages as well.

Not that I am looking for any problems, but it's better to find out about any issues earlier than later. So one can check the phone right from the start.

I did not really find any real issues so far.

1. Yellowing / Spots / Dust / Circles

Few people seem to have a little problem with their displays (yellowing, dust spots/little spots). But only few people mentioned it and I guess that with over 4 million units there are always some which are not perfect. UPDATE: More spots and pictures of "circles": https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1783991/

2. Wifi / You are holding it wrong

One user (now one or two more) so far mentioned an issue with the wifi reception, when holding the iPhone in landscape mode. Anybody else has this issue?
Thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1783971/

3. Display makes noise / can be pressed down at some corners

This problem I only found in a German forum so far. Some users say, that they can press down the display at some parts (corners) and it moves a little bit up and down then. They already contacted Apple and will get an exchange. - People who read about it, tried it on their iPhone 5 / 5S and few found the same thing. Users on Macrumors mention the same thing: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1783930/

No issues yet:

- Battery time: Of course some people complain about battery time, but the phones need some full charges and some time to adjust, before one can complain about it.

- Box: Be careful when opening the box. Quite some people seem to drop the phone: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1783949/ :rolleyes:

- Heat: iPhone 6 heats up and is noticeably warm during heavy using. Few people here (see below) and in Germany mentioned this so far. Somebody mentioned as well the iPhone's 6 screen feeling quite hot.

- Minor Scratch: In a German forum, few people report a minor scratch between display frame and body
test8ik2s.jpg
(higher resolution)

Please keep in mind that a lot of the problems evolve from the "old" backup of your old phone. So if you have any issues you might want to try to reset your phone and give it a fresh start to make sure everything ist fine.

Last edited:

Hart1583

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
Peoria, IL
My iMessage won't connect on 6+
Keeps saying awaiting activation. When I enter my Apple ID in iMessage and FaceTime it says it wasn't able to connect please try again. It's been elevated past teir 2 support

iwayne

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Santa Clara, California
Restoring my brand new 6, for some reason it has been trying to sync from my backup for 4hrs. All apps have been downloaded and even when i tell it to stop syncing the photos app still stays in this endless sync cycle. ARGGGGGHHHHH

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Restoring my brand new 6, for some reason it has been trying to sync from my backup for 4hrs. All apps have been downloaded and even when i tell it to stop syncing the photos app still stays in this endless sync cycle. ARGGGGGHHHHH

You're crazy if you are restoring from a previous phone. ALWAYS ends up a mistake.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
Flawless here. I see some software glitches with iOS but thats probably going to be fixed with updates. For example, clicking back on a mailbox from within a message doesn't always reliably go back to the list of messages. Can't wait for 8.0.1.

thoryamaha919

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2008
Pittsburgh PA
The only issues I and having is when I place the my iPhone 6+ on speakers phone the mic is not working and the other party is unable to hear me.

When I use the phone as normal the mic works just fine.

Not a huge problem but seems to be possible software related than hardware.

Afro Blu

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
The only issues I and having is when I place the my iPhone 6+ on speakers phone the mic is not working and the other party is unable to hear me.

When I use the phone as normal the mic works just fine.

Not a huge problem but seems to be possible software related than hardware.

Do you still have the protective skin over the phone? Mine is doing the same thing but if I flip it over they can hear me better. I'm wondering if there is another mic on the back thats being used for speakerphone?

Grkbella03

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
I'm having issues with the keyboard. It feels more like the screen/touch isn't letting me type some things out and it's not quick typing at all. Can't tell if it's a bad display or software glitch or what.

shappp91

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Anyone's 6 plus home button really stiff/kind of hard to press right out of the box?

davedvdy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
I'm having issues with the keyboard. It feels more like the screen/touch isn't letting me type some things out and it's not quick typing at all. Can't tell if it's a bad display or software glitch or what.

That likely could be the software, because I have that issue
on my iPhone 5 only after upgrading to iOS 8 (in Messages).

Haynzee

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Anyone finding the phone heats up a lot, especially near the rear camera? Not sure if its an issue but I am thinking Apple could of added "hand warmer" to the spec list at the moment.

Edit: should add this is iPhone 6

Grkbella03

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
That likely could be the software, because I have that issue
on my iPhone 5 only after upgrading to iOS 8 (in Messages).

I noticed that on my iPhone 5 but this feels way worse. I also noticed this issue in apps or anywhere else...sometimes the touch just doesn't respond.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth

You're crazy if you are restoring from a previous phone. ALWAYS ends up a mistake.

I actually restored from a back up from my 5c which itself was a back up of my 5s from 10 days ago.

Not one problem with the restore or the new iPhone, working perfectly.

aamoren3

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
Anyone else noticing a horizontal looking ghost smear? I noticed it when looking at a photo that another user posted to locate dead pixels. When I press on the center of the screen it's sort of a big bubble and moves with pressure. Not sure if it's bad enough to warrant a replacement. :(

Attachments

• ADM_4899.JPG
    ADM_4899.JPG
    667.7 KB · Views: 1,261

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Heat! I got 2 6's today. Same size, white and black and they both get extremely hot after a decent phone call!

rritterson

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
DC USA
Anyone else noticing a horizontal looking ghost smear? I noticed it when looking at a photo that another user posted to locate dead pixels. When I press on the center of the screen it's sort of a big bubble and moves with pressure. Not sure if it's bad enough to warrant a replacement. :(

If it moves with pressure, it's probably a failure of the LCD lamination process and should be replaced. It's a weak spot and more likely to crack.

Apple Stores will have DOA replacements available--I had my iPhone 5 replaced on launch day because it crashed constantly even after a restore as new.

And, if you get it replaced, it will be "captured" and sent to apple engineering for them to dissect and find the source of the problem.

335NJ

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Mine isn't registering the buttons I hit. If I hit contacts, it give me flashlight, etc. Can't text, etc.:mad:

aamoren3

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2014
If it moves with pressure, it's probably a failure of the LCD lamination process and should be replaced. It's a weak spot and more likely to crack.

Apple Stores will have DOA replacements available--I had my iPhone 5 replaced on launch day because it crashed constantly even after a restore as new.

And, if you get it replaced, it will be "captured" and sent to apple engineering for them to dissect and find the source of the problem.

Hmm thanks for the input. If I bought it at VZW, would I go back to the carrier store or Apple for a replacement? I don't really wan't to deal with the carrier if I don't have to.

entraik

Suspended
Jan 22, 2009
Does anyone else feel a slight sharpness/edge when running their finger over the touch ID part ??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.