Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slojave

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Dallas, TX
I have a iPhone 6 Plus (64 GB/Space Gray/ATT) that is pairing with my car's bluetooth system (Subaru Legacy 2011) but I'm unable to make outgoing or take incoming calls.

Is anyone else having issues with their iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus connecting to their car bluetooth system? Thanks for any help!

V

greenhut

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
I have a iPhone 6 Plus (64 GB/Space Gray/ATT) that is pairing with my car's bluetooth system (Subaru Legacy 2011) but I'm unable to make outgoing or take incoming calls.

Is anyone else having issues with their iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus connecting to their car bluetooth system? Thanks for any help!

V

Same for me with an Infiniti Q50. Bluetooth audio works, but not phone. Shows "No Service". 5S with iOS 8 is fine.

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
I have the same issue
My post: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1783846/

slojave

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Dallas, TX
The below solution just worked with my iPhone 6 Plus and Bluetooth system in my car. Thank you darrencp22 for his solution!

===
Anyways. I did some reading and it turns out Apple acknowledges this is a bug they'll need to fix. It has to do with, believe it or not, having multiple devices on an iCloud and Apple ID account. The workaround is to make sure old devices are deleted using "find my iPhone". You should also log into your iTunes account directly and remove old devices. After this, remove the paring for your phone, reset the network settings and do a hard reboot. BAM, problem gone.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL

V

It's working in my car.

slojave

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Dallas, TX
The below solution just worked with my iPhone 6 Plus and Bluetooth system in my car. Thank you darrencp22 for his solution!

===
Anyways. I did some reading and it turns out Apple acknowledges this is a bug they'll need to fix. It has to do with, believe it or not, having multiple devices on an iCloud and Apple ID account. The workaround is to make sure old devices are deleted using "find my iPhone". You should also log into your iTunes account directly and remove old devices. After this, remove the paring for your phone, reset the network settings and do a hard reboot. BAM, problem gone.

I'm curious if the above solution will work with others. Please let me know. Thanks!

----------

Try the solution that just worked for me. Let me know if it works for you.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere

V

Bluetooth works fine for me

davidjacobs21

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
I'm curious if the above solution will work with others. Please let me know. Thanks!

----------

Try the solution that just worked for me. Let me know if it works for you.

I still cant this to work either, even after trying your solution. Very aggravating

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Same problem here with 2013 BMW 3 series and iPhone 6. The fix above didn't work for me. As a matter of fact, I deleted my iPhone 5 from iCloud and find my iPhone before ever attempting to pair my iPhone 6 to my car. So not sure how much it has to do with iCloud.

vivig0su

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2014
iPhone 6 not working with 2013 Porsche PCM 981 either. Pairing fine, bluetooth music streaming works, and can dial out calls, but no audio or mic when in call. So annoying...

vivig0su

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2014
So i've found a fix that worked for me!

1)Resetting Network Settings,
2)Removing all bluetooth devices from my car PCM
3)Resetting the car PCM (Switch engine on and off)
4)Re-pair the devices

Seem to be working; BT aux music streaming working, syncing phonebooks, call lists, making calls, receiving calls and audio/mic in calls.

Keep trying resetting and I'm sure it'll start working :)

cardsdoc

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
Shaker Hts, OH
Same issue here. iPhone 6, 2013 bmw 335. Reset network settings did not work for me BUT reset all settings did work. Thank god. Having hands free calling is a must for my job. I was beside myself.

cornycopier

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2014
Last night I noticed the same problem. Car (2015 VW GTI) showed "No Service". After messing around in the settings on the head unit in the car, I noticed my old phone was still there. As I also restored my iPhone 6 from a backup of that phone, I just assumed that the streams were being crossed (this is a no no on many levels... :D). My solution, which worked, was to simply remove ALL devices listed from the head unit in the car, and FORGET the car in the Bluetooth settings on the phone. Re-pair, problem solved.

Good luck!

Edit: Sorry, didn't see vivig0su's response. Credit where it's due.

So i've found a fix that worked for me!

1)Resetting Network Settings,
2)Removing all bluetooth devices from my car PCM
3)Resetting the car PCM (Switch engine on and off)
4)Re-pair the devices

Seem to be working; BT aux music streaming working, syncing phonebooks, call lists, making calls, receiving calls and audio/mic in calls.

Keep trying resetting and I'm sure it'll start working :)

skiresq

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
Fix for Fords with My Ford Touch

This solution worked for me - I have a 2014 F150 with My Ford Touch. I know it wont work for everyone, but hopefully it helps someone...

**For those without a Ford, try using steps 1, 2, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12**

1. Delete SYNC from bluetooth list on iPhone
2. Turn off bluetooth on iPhone
3. Start truck
4. Remove Navigation SD card
5. Factory reset My Ford Touch (Settings > System > Master Reset > Yes)
6. Reset ALL Settings on iPhone (Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings)
7. After SYNC completes rebooting, turn truck off and cycle the system.
8. Insert Navigation SD car into truck.
9. Turn bluetooth on, on iPhone
10. Touch 'connect a phone' on My Ford Touch
11. Pair iPhone with SYNC
12. Enjoy the sweet sweet bluetooths again!!! (audio AND phone)

Note: You will need to set up your preferences throughout the SYNC system and install any backgrounds again. You will also need to go through the settings app on your iPhone and make sure the settings are as you wish there as well.

njchris

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Huntington Beach, Ca USA
Is that still working in your truck? I had mine disconnect the first day I connected to my Escape (my ford touch w/ sync) and then re-paired and it worked .. made a call for a while with no problems. Today.. disconnected again.

skiresq

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
Is that still working in your truck? I had mine disconnect the first day I connected to my Escape (my ford touch w/ sync) and then re-paired and it worked .. made a call for a while with no problems. Today.. disconnected again.

I'll try again tomorrow and post what my results are for you.

njchris

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Huntington Beach, Ca USA
I reset my ford touch system twice and re paired my phone and it still disconnects the Bluetooth after 5 seconds. Ugh. I've used Bluetooth in cars for years and never had this happen. I've paired friends phones to my car no problem. My 5s with ios 8 worked so I believe it's something with the 6 that needs updating.

Last edited:

skiresq

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014

Hey njchris ... I was successfully able to use the bluetooth audio and calling again today without any issues. The fix I outlined is working perfectly for me. I do have a 2014 F150 and iPhone 6+ so if your setup is different, then results may vary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.