Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diesel350

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2014
Hopefully it gets better but first day of use at 100% at 7:30 am and by 11:45 I was at 28%

Anyone else getting less than desirable battery life on the 4.7 6?

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Hopefully it gets better but first day of use at 100% at 7:30 am and by 11:45 I was at 28%

This information is pretty useless without details.

What were you doing with the device in those 4 hours? Were you on WiFi? 3G? LTE? How was your signal? Etc.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012

Don't forget that the phone may still be indexing, downloading, etc. It really needs more than a day of usage to tell.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
Thanks. I'm trying to gauge if there is a difference between AT&T or Verizon. Planning to possibly switch to Verizon.

doubt it. the 6 according to apple is almost same as 5S what you are describing sounds like what 5S power users reported.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Don't forget that the phone may still be indexing, downloading, etc. It really needs more than a day of usage to tell.

Seriously. I was like you were only just downloading everything you own onto the device.

Last edited:

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
My 6 is acting just like my JB 5 as far as battery. It drains like the gas gauge on my old GTO under hard use. That is to say very fast.

100% this morning. 68% as I type this 2 hrs later. Lots of web and txt during that time.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
My 6 is acting just like my JB 5 as far as battery. It drains like the gas gauge on my old GTO under hard use. That is to say very fast.

100% this morning. 68% as I type this 2 hrs later. Lots of web and txt during that time.

haha sounds almost like mine from this am. the Apple processors definitely like to rest i feel that you get more usage if used intermittently. constant use guzzles

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I am having extremely good battery life on my 6, I am actually suprised how good the battery is and performance.

The thing is when I get a new iPhone I always set it up as new, but I have everything still backed up I just put the photos on manually, and brand new install of all the apps I use, notes, etc, all that manually, doesnt take me long either.

I feel like people who use recover from a older iPhone going to a new iPhone always brings some kind of battery bug glitch .

The battery life is pretty dam awesome on the 6 for me (Verizon), I suspect some apps are probably draining the battery more then usual since they aren't fully updated yet to iOS 8, plus iOS 8.0.1 is coming soon so quirks will be ironed out fast

----------

location services on? push/fetch settings? There's actually alot of battery saving options in iOS

little things like turning off Vibrate on ring helps if you don't mind no vibrate on ring ( i dont ) and bunch of other things.

some apps arent fully updated yet and probably arent as efficient as they should be yet but .

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

location services on? push/fetch settings? There's actually alot of battery saving options in iOS

little things like turning off Vibrate on ring helps if you don't mind no vibrate on ring ( i dont ) and bunch of other things.

some apps arent fully updated yet and probably arent as efficient as they should be yet but .

AverageBob

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014

I think you might have a defective battery. There is no way battery life on a new phone could be that bad.

DanJBS

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2014
UK

I got mine yesterday (iPhone 6, 64), restored from iCloud had an hour chat on Facetime and the battery went from 80% to less then 30%.
Full charge this morning at 11:00(UK time), checked Facebook(safari version) a couple times and send two text messages, spend maybe at most 15 min on youtube and my battery is 50%. It seems to last just like my iPhone 5 or less.
Hope it gets better or I'll have to return it and get the Plus.

I initially wanted the plus but they ran out of em really quick at my store so after playing for a while in the store with both of them I decided that the 6 is best for me, and I got to tell you I just simply love it and wouldn't want the bigger size. But this battery think is a real deal breaker for me.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I got home and synced my content (while charging to 100%) yesterday at around 9:30am.
I used my Verizon iPhone 6 ALL day (that honeymoon stage). I browsed the web on Wifi and LTE for long time, I texted, I Skype messaged, I browsed the app store, I streamed some videos, I watched some iTunes tv shows. I played around with camera, and did some brief gaming to test the A8, etc...

When I went to bed at 12:30am I had 30% of my charge left. I live in an area with 3/5 bars of cellular signal.

-----

On my 4S I'd wake up to 95% power, it would stay idle all day except for brief texting and checking the news and light email in between classes, and when I got home at 5:30pm it would be at like 50% to 60%.

Long story short: BIG improvement YMMV

ryanbates

macrumors regular
May 30, 2010
San Diego, CA
Give it some time. You have to wear the battery down a few cycles. Charge it up fully then use it till it's dead a few times. If it doesn't improve for your usage then maybe look for a Plus.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I posted yesterday about my initial impression since I used it all morning yesterday after I bought it and it only went down 25%.

It was continuous usage downloading apps, browsing, reading, listening to music, watching videos, playing some games.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Every time a new phone is released people complain about the battery, it needs at least a week of usage and regular charging to sort itself out. My 6 has been fine yesterday when I got it and today after charging overnight, but they will get better as time goes on.

Rideherhard

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
My battery life on my iPhone 6 isn't good either, my 4 year old iPhone 4 battery life is compatible,mits my only issue everything else is awesome.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.