Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Euphrates

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Anyone else get the short end of the straw here? Every apple product I buy has this issue. It's dull, yellow and warm. I feel like returning my phone now.

jags828

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
First thing I checked. Mine is good. I have had the yellow tinted screen on past phones though.

Euphrates

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
I envy you. I really do. If I want to get a good screen it's going to take five replacements, I know it.

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
This is something I think about, but I never notice.

My understanding is that the screens start out warm, and then age a little towards blue. It has something to do with the adhesive between the glass and the LCD panel.

The only way you can REALLY tell, is by comparing it to another iPhone.

Question: What week is your phone? Mine is Week 35. I compared it to my iPad. My 6+ is brighter, but does not seem any more warm or yellow.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
This is something I think about, but I never notice.

My understanding is that the screens start out warm, and then age a little towards blue. It has something to do with the adhesive between the glass and the LCD panel.

The only way you can REALLY tell, is by comparing it to another iPhone.

Question: What week is your phone? Mine is Week 35. I compared it to my iPad. My 6+ is brighter, but does not seem any more warm or yellow.

Mine usually start off a creamy off-white colour and then develop a yellow tint towards the top after 12-18 months.

Euphrates

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Well my only solace here is that I got defective phone and it's not as widespread as it used to be. What models are you fellas on? I have a Iphone 6 64GB Space Gray.

Audifan1502

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Well my only solace here is that I got defective phone and it's not as widespread as it used to be. What models are you fellas on? I have a Iphone 6 64GB Space Gray.

I have the same iphone, 6 64GB Space Gray. and so far I can't find anything wrong with it. The screen is vivid.

Euphrates

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
That's the best I could do.

Attachments

• 20140920_120925.jpg
    20140920_120925.jpg
    870 KB · Views: 5,677
  • 20140920_121017.jpg
    20140920_121017.jpg
    869.2 KB · Views: 5,290

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Just got my second replacement for iPhones with dead pixels. The left side of my screen is much Warmer than the right. I'm gonna leave the phone on high brightness with a movie running for a bit to see of it evens out. If not in returning the phone for a refund. I'm not doing the trade game again

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
personally i prefer the warmer screen over the other. The one on my phone is slightly warmer than my 5.

It could be that Accessibility > Reduce White Point and Darken Colors is working better too.

If I had the ability I would instantly install f.lux on my iPhone.

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2012
Just got my second replacement for iPhones with dead pixels. The left side of my screen is much Warmer than the right. I'm gonna leave the phone on high brightness with a movie running for a bit to see of it evens out. If not in returning the phone for a refund. I'm not doing the trade game again

Not having luck at all.
I still remember opening 6 iPhone 5 instore all had dead/stuck pixels.
took me 8 iphones without any problems.

BBD90

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2011
Wait a few days before you take it in for replacement. These phones are literally coming in off the manufacturing line so it might go away in a few days. I know one of my previous phones was like that and it normalized in a few days.

dfran1

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2008
I don't have a good phone -_-. It's yellow man, just look at it.

Ok if you say it is, it is, I had a 4s with the yellowgate screen as they called it and everything I did would not fix it, after a while I would think it was until I put it up against a good one, I had to swap the phone and you should too!!! ASAP!!!! I hate yellow screens, I know how you feel.

deviant

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2007
personally i prefer the warmer screen over the other. The one on my phone is slightly warmer than my 5.

It could be that Accessibility > Reduce White Point and Darken Colors is working better too.

If I had the ability I would instantly install f.lux on my iPhone.

f.lux man.... saving my eyes! i guess if you JB your phone you can install flux but damn

Euphrates

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Ok if you say it is, it is, I had a 4s with the yellowgate screen as they called it and everything I did would not fix it, after a while I would think it was until I put it up against a good one, I had to swap the phone and you should too!!! ASAP!!!! I hate yellow screens, I know how you feel.

LOL thanks for the faith my friend. I hate it with a passion.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
LCD panels are always a lottery-on monitors, on phones, on tablets etc. it sucks when you get one with a problem, because it just can't be unseen. I've had the yellow tint issue with iPads and iMacs. It's a real thing, but hard to capture in a photo. Good luck, I'm waiting on mine. I'm counting on it to be ok, but you never know.

For almost a 1000 dollar phone, that screen is hopefully perfect. Anything less, and I'll flip it for another.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
That's the best I could do.

Yea without another phone to compare it with it's really hard to tell whether you have a defect or not. I compared my iPhone 6+ to my iPad Mini Retina, and sure enough my iPad Mini Retina is yellow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.