Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
cool, but what was the point of this particular video. The slow motion didn't add anything. Now, a backflip into a pool, thats something.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
When you take a video in slow motion mode, it looks like it plays a very small part at the start/end at regular speed, and slows everything in between. Is that automatic or is there a way to control when it starts slow-mo?

That video is quite cool, I like it!

hokeyplyr48

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
When you take a video in slow motion mode, it looks like it plays a very small part at the start/end at regular speed, and slows everything in between. Is that automatic or is there a way to control when it starts slow-mo?

this. Is there a way to not have it play normal speed at the beginning/end?

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009

You can adjust when it begins and ends, so just make it start at the beginning and end at the end. Or download slopro, it worked great for my iPhone 5s (haven't tried with my 6+ yet). It lets you start and stop at multiple points.

Bentox

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
You can trim the video as normal, and have some significant play in the length of the 'time dilation', which you can also edit (similar to trimming). So yes, you can have an entire slo-mo video.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
It surely isn't a feature that keeps to be entertaining for any long period of time. Can be a little fun, but unless you have some worthy subject to slow mo, it doesn't make much sense.

Bentox

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
true - I'm totally overusing it because of the novelty of it. But got a great video of my dog drinking water out of her dog bowl with that neat reverse tongue scoop movement they use.

MentalFloss

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2012
I feel I'm going to need to buy a little mini tripod/mount to set up some interesting time lapse and slow mo videos :)

I thought so too, but I am actually surprised how well the videos turn out when shooting handheld. Especially when I heard about the time lapse, my first reaction was "pointless without a tripod!" But I have taken some time lapse videos now, and I am amazed at how still I could hold the phone. Not sure if the OIS on the 6 Plus helped.

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
I was playing with it at the Apple Store, very cool.

It won't change focus in slow-mo. I wasn't too surprised. Just something to keep in mind.

I think if you jumped in victory at the end of your video that the peanut gallery here would have been more impressed :D

_

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010

In the default video app there is a slider that controls when the slo mo stops and starts.

OSXpert

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
New York / New York

I'm loving the Slo-Mo video as well, but the 240FPS version is so much darking than 120FPS I've been switching to 120 for everything. I like being able to choose where the slo-mo starts, but I feel like the default should be set to "entire video is in slo-mo" since I imagine thats what most people are expecting.

bueller1

Suspended
Jun 13, 2012
How are you guys uploading the slo mo videos. Mine come out regular speed. But preview shows the entire video slow motion. Weird

Bentox

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
How are you guys uploading the slo mo videos. Mine come out regular speed. But preview shows the entire video slow motion. Weird

I uploaded this to FB yesterday, and just uploaded to YouTube now:

Both were uploaded straight off the phone, through the respective apps. So, I'm not sure what the problem you're having is. Where are you trying to upload them to?

doasis23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
I uploaded this to FB yesterday, and just uploaded to YouTube now:

YouTube: video

Both were uploaded straight off the phone, through the respective apps. So, I'm not sure what the problem you're having is. Where are you trying to upload them to?

Very nice. Wouldve been better in portrait mode though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.