Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Feb 6, 2006, 04:20 PM   #1
Soulstorm
macrumors 68000

Xcode 2 annoying problem

Ever since I began to use Xcode 2 in Tiger for C++ development, everytime I open it, I use it for approximately half an hour, and then it starts beeping every time I write a parenthesis "(" character in the source file in Xcode. It's like when you try to enter a character in an invalid place (for example, try to enter a ")" character but you have forgotten to enter "(" previewsly), only that it isn't the fault in my code, because the problem disappears when I restart Xcode...

After I insert the character and starts beeping, it doesn't stop at all, no matter what I do.

Note that the fault is not in my code. This has happened to me countless times.

The only thing that I can do is restart Xcode.

Anyone has this problem? How can I fix it?
Soulstorm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 07:10 PM   #2
Fender2112
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Fender2112
There is a setting in the Xcode preferences that sets Xcode to "Syntax aware". You can try adjusting things here to see if it helps. If not, you might try trashing the Xcode preference file youruser/Library/Preference/com.apple.Xcode.plist

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming