Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g.t. rags

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
Long Island
I just went down to one and was told that none of the BB's got any 6+ because they weren't allowed to pre-order them, and just received the 6's. The only place that got them was Apple stores and Corporate Cell Franchise... they also couldn't give me a date to expect them in

Any truth to this or were they just running with what they thought they knew?

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
I just went down to one and was told that none of the BB's got any 6+ because they weren't allowed to pre-order them, and just received the 6's. The only place that got them was Apple stores and Corporate Cell Franchise... they also couldn't give me a date to expect them in

I saw 3 people with iPhone 6 pluses in the hands of customers.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
The website showed "coming soon" last I looked and no preordering was/is available.

My local stores only got a demo. I doubt anyone got one from BB in my parts.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
The + isn't on any selection screen I saw at the store.
There were some issues with my preorder and the sales rep went through a number of different inventory screen with me,

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I was at mine today, it is a very small store and they were telling people they had not gotten any 6+'s in yet.

But they had a lot of 6's, it sounded like all sizes/colors and carriers.

Their case selection was dismal - but apparently better than other stores from what I'm reading.

They were packed in mobile with a list of people waiting for phones.

The Verizon store across the parking lot was empty by comparison :p (but had better cases). No clue on their inventory - didn't ask. Oh, and they had more employees than customers too. Which amused me.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
All this thread shows is Chicago. Until others chime in, we will not know for sure.

I suspect Apple Stores may get most of the initial shipments of the Plus.

boon209

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2010
Bought mine on launch from bestbuy, no pre-order. 128 6+. They had a bunch in stock.

galax83061

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
My Best Buy looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if they got any 6+. I am going to have to wait till they start getting them in if I want to trade my 5S in for a 6+.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Anyone get one at Best Buy yet?

Even Apple store in my area has had very limited availabilty since launch. A few here and there but that's it.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX

I over heard a Best Buy employee tell some one that none of the stores in the area got any Pluses. She did offer to let the guy "pre order" one but said she had no idea when they would be in.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA

My brother in Sacramento just walked in on release day grabbed a 128GB iPhone plus, paid and left, simple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.