Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brnix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I have a Verizon Network Extender in my home due to spotty coverage and it has worked well for my wife's 5C and my 5s but for whatever reason, the new 6 will not connect to it when placing or receiving a phone call. I have the same phone number and have that number of course authorized to connect as it did with my 5s. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Concur with OP. My wife's Galaxy S4 is "under network coverage" as determined by the little symbol at the top of her screen, plus dialing #48 gets the "you are under network extender coverage" voice.

When I try to dial #48 with my Ip6, using the same number that I had on my G2 with Network extender coverage, I get a Verizon voice saying that the call cannot be completed.

We need to get this fixed.

Update: Got it working. I went into Verizon, My Verizon and clicked the plus sign next to the search box and then selected manage network extender from the list of choices. I then went in and changed from all users to the 3 people who use my network.

I then pulled out the power for the network extender and plugged it back in. When all the lights were on, I moved within 15 feet and dialed #48 and it told me that I was under network extender coverage.

Last edited:

rdale

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2011
I had issues when "Voice & Data" are set in Cellular LTE. Switched back to just "data" and restarted phone and it's been fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.