Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Any experience with MetroPCS or Cricket Wireless or other similar carrier? I was enticed to try Cricket in another thread of mine but now i'm a bit wary since it clearly reads on their website data speed is limited to 8Mbps. Does anyone know if MetroPCS limits their data speed too? And does anyone know at what point they start to throttle their data? Any other info and insight regarding (anything really) the above, tethering, and just overall experience would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Marcus72

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2009
Any experience with MetroPCS or Cricket Wireless or other similar carrier? I was enticed to try Cricket in another thread of mine but now i'm a bit wary since it clearly reads on their website data speed is limited to 8Mbps. Does anyone know if MetroPCS limits their data speed too? And does anyone know at what point they start to throttle their data? Any other info and insight regarding (anything really) the above, tethering, and just overall experience would be much appreciated.

Same thing, I was comparing AT&T to T-mobile in a thread and someone presented Crickets. I did a search to see if anybody talking about Crickets... found your thread it's has "crickets" responses. ha ha

I did online chat with Cricket rep, the have no tethering. I did a google search, finding review bascially horrible customer service. rep are in india. that enough to say forget Cricket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.