Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cub4bearin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
Was trying to find answer to this question but not much luck.
Theoretically, let say I walk in to apple store and ask for full price iPhone 6 from ATT or Verizon or Sprint.. is it possible (assuming they have enough in stock).. ?
When I was at the store last week, employee told me it will take at least month to have those in full price. But from reading forum, I have mixed information on that subject. Thank You for your help people :)

exizeo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2014
You can.

I paid full price ($700 after tax) for mine.

Space Grey 16GB 4.7

cub4bearin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
I paid full price for an AT&T model on lunch day. But its not unlocked.

Thanks for sharing. So what happened to the theory of iPhones being unlocked when purchased at full price in apple retail store?

lovelybai

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
You need to let them choose "device only" option while checking out.

Some store refuse to sell full price. You could go to other stores.

Col Ronson

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
The phone will not be unlocked if you pay full price if it is activated in store. You need to buy the device "device only," go home and restore it thru iTunes.

Tmobile phones at the apple store are confirmed unlocked though, as are Verizon phones. I've had no problems buying it full price. Carrier stores obviously wont go for it, but many apple stores will. Just say device only, thats the magic words.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.