Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adgjqetuo

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Hi - hoping someone can help me here.

I'm using the charger that came with my iPhone 6 - it charges fine, but whenever it gets to around 100% (sometimes around 95%) I get the error message "This accessory may not be supported" and it the lighting bolt over the battery turns off.

I tried using the phone for 10-15 minutes online while plugged in and even though the charge icon wasn't over the battery, it didn't drop any percentage, but I've gotten this message after every charge.

If I unplug, and re-plug back in, it comes back over after a few minutes if the battery level is between 95-100.

I tried using my wife's iPhone 5C charge block and got the same message.

Anyone else?

Attachments

• IMG_5121.PNG
    IMG_5121.PNG
    208 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Icculus

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Frisco, TX
I am getting the exact same thing. At first I was using my old iPhone 5S cable thinking it was the same cable, and got the message "This accessory may not be supported." So then I switched to everything from the iPhone 6 box, and still getting that message. I get it on every lightning cable I have tried thus far, its not all the time and only happens when its fully charged.

adgjqetuo

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
I contacted apple support, and the senior adviser recommended doing a full restore from iTunes as apparently, a restore from the phone itself won't re-install the operating system.

I just finished that this morning, so now that the battery is down to 95%, i'm charging it as we speak to see if the problem has been corrected. She said if it's not, let her know and they will arrange a full replacement device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.