Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jozero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
Has anyone done this ? I mostly use my iPad for reading. Websites, comics, magazines, rss, etc. I use my iPhone because it's portable.

Anyone else thinking of just combining the two devices into the 6+ ?

Has anyone done this and can share initial impressions ? Does it work or is the 6+ a not very good in between solution.

Thanks

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
I did. I had a 5s and have a mini retina and since I've gotten the 6 plus, don't really see a need for the iPad. The screen on the 6 plus is huge and very nice for reading and watching. It suffices big time and I listed my iPad mini for sale yesterday.

Lylyluvda916

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
Has anyone done this ? I mostly use my iPad for reading. Websites, comics, magazines, rss, etc. I use my iPhone because it's portable.

Anyone else thinking of just combining the two devices into the 6+ ?

Has anyone done this and can share initial impressions ? Does it work or is the 6+ a not very good in between solution.

Thanks
I plan on doing the same. The bigger screen and horizontal view on the plus was a big selling feature for me. The iPhone 6 plus is just the device I've been waiting for. People are saying it's too big but that's the point.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Not me...I do use the iPad air for school (no way a textbook will be useful on the Plus) and the Air is also easier to prop up on my chest when in bed.

mxidis88

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2013
SLC, UT
I seriously considered this, but I use my iPad mini w/retina for light note-taking in meetings. While the 6+ screen is big and it would be fantastic for reading/watching video(things I also do on my mini), it wouldn't replace that note-taking or most content creation activities that my iPad mini can do.

Also, it's nice to have a device that I can use with one hand when I'm trying to balance on the train/bus or just walking down the street carrying something in my other hand. I'm sticking with the 6 and my iPad mini w/Retina.

jozero

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
I can see if you take advantage of a full sized iPad then keeping both makes a lot of sense, technical documents, writing notes, etc.

I have an iPad mini retina. I do like it a lot, but if I'm leaving home the iPad mini rarely comes along, and if I'm walking to another room in my place I end up grabbing both. It's rare I just grab the iPad, even though it is a superior experience for reading.

RMSko

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Not me...I do use the iPad air for school (no way a textbook will be useful on the Plus) and the Air is also easier to prop up on my chest when in bed.
Not me either for a few reasons. First, I like that the Apple cover for my iPad Air doubles as a stand. When I read the paper in the morning or do any long term reading, I love putting the Air on the counter and sitting back. Second, while the Plus screen is big, it's still not big enough for me for editing docs and some other tasks. And finally, my Air has unlimited data with AT&T and I use it for Slingbox all the time (on average 1-2 hours per day) and I would lose that benefit if I went solely to the Plus.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Not me either for a few reasons. First, I like that the Apple cover for my iPad Air doubles as a stand. When I read the paper in the morning or do any long term reading, I love putting the Air on the counter and sitting back. Second, while the Plus screen is big, it's still not big enough for me for editing docs and some other tasks. And finally, my Air has unlimited data with AT&T and I use it for Slingbox all the time (on average 1-2 hours per day) and I would lose that benefit if I went solely to the Plus.

Haha, one big reason I chose the Plus over the 6 is that I still have "Unlimited" data. I'd prefer not to have to shell out $30 per month for data on the iPad if I can avoid it, and use the Plus instead for as much as I can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.