Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
did anyone else not get a sim removal tool with their iPhone? I needed to take my sim out and had to go find something else to open it with. Usually they are included with iPhones right?

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
did anyone else not get a sim removal tool with their iPhone? I needed to take my sim out and had to go find something else to open it with. Usually they are included with iPhones right?

I think they stopped including it since the iPhone 4.....

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
No SIM eject tool in iphone 6

I have seen an unboxing video and the SIM eject tool is included in that video but in my box there is no SIM eject tool.

The SIM eject tool is included in your box?

The first iphone included a the charger of the ipad, then they replaced for a less powerful charger, I have read that if you charge your iphone with the ipad charger it will charge a lot faster.

Also the first iphone has a cloth to clean the screen, and all the iphones include the SIM eject tool.

Why Apple every time offer you less for the same money.

For a company that has more than 100 billion in cash, is it fair to save money on this items? Does it really matters for them not to include this items that cost almost nothing?

I love my iphone 6, but I think that it is bad that they keep you offering less for the same money.

Last edited:

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
My box don't include the sim tool. I make a thread about the same issue.

It is unfair that Apple don't include the SIM eject tool with the iphone 6.

I have seen an unboxing video and it includes the SIM eject tool.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
In Europe there are still included ... under the booklet thingy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 3.24.18.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-22 at 3.24.18.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by a moderator:

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA

Unfair? Good god. May this be your only problem ever with an iPhone.

April Knight

Suspended
Jul 24, 2011
Olympia, WA

I'm sorry to be rude about this, but "unfair" is a bit of a stretch. Do they not have paperclips where you're from?

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Still here in Canada, too. And it seems like they may have changed the plastic strips for some people? Mine came with plastic that wrapped around it at the top, but I've seen other people say that theirs came with two separate pieces.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
Oh my god. This thread is so ridiculous. Get a freaking paperclip and problem solved.

CyBeRino

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2011

Phones sold outside the US and unlocked phones in the US are sold with the tool. In the US with a locked phone you are presumed to not have to change SIMs and thus are not given the tool so you can't screw with the SIM all too easily.

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
Oh my god. This thread is so ridiculous. Get a freaking paperclip and problem solved.

The issue is not how to find one paperclip, I have 5 SIM eject tools, the issue is that Apple every time offer you less for the same money.

How much can cost the sim tool if you buy millions, I am sure that for Apple is less than 20 cents for every tool or maybe less and they decided that they will save that money, does it changes their finances doing this?

Reading the posts here it looks like for some countries Apple decides to include them or not. Why not include them for everyone. I would like more to have that SIM tool than the Apple logo stickers.

stasha

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2014
Montréal
only unlocked iphone come with that tool...if you buy from a carrier there is already a sim card inside,you dont need to open that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.