Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jan 17, 2003, 08:40 PM   #1
vascofilm
macrumors newbie

pioner dvr 104 drive....is it Compatible w g4?

I am interested in adding a dvd burner to my computer the original 400mz G4 desktop. I dont want to pay the $450 for external firewire to burn dvd's and cd's..plus Idvd wont run on an external....some tell me the pioneer is the copatible superdrive but when i check on it i only read about its windows compatibility....whats the deal...can I buy it and install it myself?...I prefer the $250 price tag
vascofilm is offline   0
Old Jan 17, 2003, 09:06 PM   #2
iJon
macrumors 604

Re: pioner dvr 104 drive....is it Compatible w g4?

Quote:
Originally posted by vascofilm
I am interested in adding a dvd burner to my computer the original 400mz G4 desktop. I dont want to pay the $450 for external firewire to burn dvd's and cd's..plus Idvd wont run on an external....some tell me the pioneer is the copatible superdrive but when i check on it i only read about its windows compatibility....whats the deal...can I buy it and install it myself?...I prefer the $250 price tag
it will, just just dont expect to get any support from apple. also you will need to purchase idvd 2 from apple for like 20 dollars.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Jan 18, 2003, 01:28 PM   #3
Chisholm
macrumors regular

I've had one installed in my mm dual 867 for almost five months now. Works great! I think I paid closer to $350 though. With the Mirrored Macs you have to pop the front lip of the drive tray off to make it fit, not a big deal, more of a pain in the ass.

cheers!

another John
Old Jan 18, 2003, 02:23 PM   #4
buffsldr
macrumors 6502a

from what i have heard, the 104 will work, but i recommed getting the 105, it is faster. and for idvd, there is another one coming out with iLife.
buffsldr is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers