Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flatlinez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
Going to be trading my iphone in but my camera is a little broken. Any idea how much they might knock off for something like that?

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
They don't test it like that.

For mine (in store) they turned it on, made sure it powered up and then he pulled up the MEID and that was that.

Take it into a store versus mailing it in. You shouldn't have any problems.

(and for the haters, I'm not suggesting the OP be deceptive -- just sharing my experience).

----------

My dad's home button on his wasn't the most solid "click" either... and he just took his in and got his credit today (different store, different city)... so I'm thinking they don't really care...

flatlinez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
No prob. Hope it all works out for you. It's a great deal! This upgrade has been the cheapest for me so far haha.

Yeah I think the carriers are out of their minds, but it's a total score. Just need to get in on it before the September 30th deadline.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Yeah I think the carriers are out of their minds, but it's a total score. Just need to get in on it before the September 30th deadline.

yeah, the one thing they did tell me is that I have to have the new iPhone in hand to take advantage of the deal. Fortunately, I preordered so I had the thing in my possession.

Noble Actual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
They don't test it like that.

For mine (in store) they turned it on, made sure it powered up and then he pulled up the MEID and that was that.

Take it into a store versus mailing it in. You shouldn't have any problems.

(and for the haters, I'm not suggesting the OP be deceptive -- just sharing my experience).

----------

My dad's home button on his wasn't the most solid "click" either... and he just took his in and got his credit today (different store, different city)... so I'm thinking they don't really care...

Did you purchase from Apple?

flatlinez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
yeah, the one thing they did tell me is that I have to have the new iPhone in hand to take advantage of the deal. Fortunately, I preordered so I had the thing in my possession.

Yeah I would love to know that, too, is it from Apple? I would find it much easier to purchase one from Apple if I can still trade in my old phone to Verizon.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
No, this time I didn't. I called vzw and they told me "it does not matter who you buy from"

Then on here, someone reported that they were told the exact opposite -- you HAVE to order from VZW. I prefer to work with Apple but this time, to be safe, I ordered from VZW. I don't see how or why they would care really. They just want you to resign your contract.... but I can't be certain one way or the other... sorry!

flatlinez

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2014
No, this time I didn't. I called vzw and they told me "it does not matter who you buy from"

Then on here, someone reported that they were told the exact opposite -- you HAVE to order from VZW. I prefer to work with Apple but this time, to be safe, I ordered from VZW. I don't see how or why they would care really. They just want you to resign your contract.... but I can't be certain one way or the other... sorry!

Good to know, thanks. I'll stop by the store and see if I can get one of their reps to confirm.

The Merg

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012

I was also told that you need to purchase from VZW to get the full credit. Otherwise, I would have purchased from Apple and picked up in store as opposed to having it delivered next month. If you read the fine print on the offer for the credit, it does say that you need to purchase from VZW.

- Merg

The Merg

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
Well, it appears that purchasing from VZW is definitely a requirement as I just got this email today:

Thank you for using the Verizon Device Recycling Program. You recently submitted a trade-in request for an A1349 IPHONE 4 32GB - VERIZON with Submission ID ########. The iPhone trade-in contained a promotional offer that is only valid if you purchased a new Apple iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus from a Verizon Wireless retail location or via http://www.verizonwireless.com before September 30, 2014. Our records indicate that you have not met the purchase requirement.

The requirement you did not meet:

Did not find record of eligible iPhone 6 or 6 Plus purchase.

Therefore, we cannot process your trade-in request.

In my case I did make the purchase so I need to send in a copy of my order confirmation.

- Merg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.