Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobkeenan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
i did not want this to get lost in the other screen protection thread for the iPhone 6. I have a glass type screen protector on mine now. It looks like crap because it can only cover the flat of the screen.

I have seen the Ghost Armor on the 6 in this forum and it looks not bad and probably as good as we are going to get.

I would have ordered the Ghost but i have already ordered the BSE. i would love to see an iPhone 6 with the BSE on the screen to compare.

IF any of you have done that could you pls post the results with a few pics?

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I am disappointed they didn't get back to me as I asked them for front pics. I went ahead and ordered one though and if it isn't up to par with bad cutouts I'll just send it back. I will post some pictures once I get it.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
I don't usually put screen protectors on my iPhone. But I am compelled to put one on my 6 Plus for some reason.

What are some reasons people would prefer matte over glossy and vice versa?

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I don't usually put screen protectors on my iPhone. But I am compelled to put one on my 6 Plus for some reason.

Wet installs are already not as clear as a dry one. Matte with a wet install = worse screen clarity

imnofanboy

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
They posted this picture of their back protection on their facebook page a few hours ago. It looks promising enough that I just purchased a front and back skin from them at a discounted price.

1558491_10152812308549363_8776917683272096120_n.png

macAllen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Las Vegas

I tend to switch back and forth with glossy and matte, but ever since I put a glass protector I never looked back on plastic screen protectors.

But to answer your question. Matte tends to show less oils from fingers and helps tremendous when your done with a phone call and its been on your face. It also is amazing in the sun as you can assume that it blocks out the glare.

Glossy though is great for protection and clarity. Thats it. If you want to look at your screen as if you don't have a protector on it, go for a glossy. Though depending on the quality its horrible when it comes to oils left on the screen and cleaning...

Glass on the other IMO is the best of both worlds, Clear like a regular plastic screen protector, and oil resistant like the matte. And most have an oleophobic coating that resist on water and oils :)

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
i did not want this to get lost in the other screen protection thread for the iPhone 6. I have a glass type screen protector on mine now. It looks like crap because it can only cover the flat of the screen.

I have seen the Ghost Armor on the 6 in this forum and it looks not bad and probably as good as we are going to get.

I would have ordered the Ghost but i have already ordered the BSE. i would love to see an iPhone 6 with the BSE on the screen to compare.

IF any of you have done that could you pls post the results with a few pics?

Any pictures of the glass screen protector? I can't imagine going back to a non-glass protector but was also concerned how they would fit with the rounded edges.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Any pictures of the glass screen protector? I can't imagine going back to a non-glass protector but was also concerned how they would fit with the rounded edges.

There's a big thread on screen protectors lots have been posted. People aren't pthrilled with them.

bobkeenan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
Why do you think BSE is not showing what the front looks like. Wonder if its not much better than other stuff we have seen.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I just sent a support ticket on their site to ask when their shipping out the 6 skins and also asked for a photo of the front. Let's see if they come through as I have one pre-ordered. If they resemble Ghost Armor's front skins, I'll most likely get rid of my tempered glass. It's come down to looks vs feel for me with these so-so screen protectors.

As far as matte vs glossy--definitely prefer matte for the back. I couldn't imagine having a matte skin for the front.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Why do you think BSE is not showing what the front looks like. Wonder if its not much better than other stuff we have seen.
Hopefully thats not the case :/
I just sent a support ticket on their site to ask when their shipping out the 6 skins and also asked for a photo of the front. Let's see if they come through as I have one pre-ordered. If they resemble Ghost Armor's front skins, I'll most likely get rid of my tempered glass. It's come down to looks vs feel for me with these so-so screen protectors.

As far as matte vs glossy--definitely prefer matte for the back. I couldn't imagine having a matte skin for the front.
Good luck. I've emailed them twice with no response on getting a pic of the front screen. I have had good luck with them in the past so I ordered one. I hope they get it right and its similar to the Ghost Armor let me know if they get back to you. If not it's going straight back.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
They posted this picture of their back protection on their facebook page a few hours ago. It looks promising enough that I just purchased a front and back skin from them at a discounted price.

While its awesome that they pretty much are offering 100% coverage on the back, it must be a nightmare to install it. Especially having to use water to apply it and near all the open ports.

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010

BSE said they were designing them and making them over the weekend once they got an actual 6 and 6+

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I'm headed to their office in Westminster, CO tomorrow morning to grab a few skins. I texted the guy who runs it and he said he'd set aside some skins for me. Will post pictures asap

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I'm headed to their office in Westminster, CO tomorrow morning to grab a few skins. I texted the guy who runs it and he said he'd set aside some skins for me. Will post pictures asap
How'd you get a number contact? That's awesome let us know.

offcamber

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
USA
I think BSE does a great job and from the looks of that photo they will continue to impress.

Thanks. Looking forward to your update.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Good luck. I've emailed them twice with no response on getting a pic of the front screen. I have had good luck with them in the past so I ordered one. I hope they get it right and its similar to the Ghost Armor let me know if they get back to you. If not it's going straight back.

They responded pretty quickly after opening a ticket. They said the skins started shipping out today and a photo of the front should be posted on their Facebook page "soon".

Awesome, looking forward to the photos.

EnsignRicki

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2013
While its awesome that they pretty much are offering 100% coverage on the back, it must be a nightmare to install it. Especially having to use water to apply it and near all the open ports.

I actually find the wet install much easier than the dry. With the wet install I don't have to get the placement perfect when I first apply the skin. After application I have quite a bit of time to slide the skin around until it's perfect and then leave it to dry. This is very helpful for me given my big clumsy fingers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.