Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
I think this is the case I have settled on wanting... seems protective, but not too bulky...

Seems like Verizon carries these cases? They at least have a regular DualPro listed online... If I can get it at Verizon, I can get 25% discount because of my work...

Anyone have any feedback on this case? Is it worth it? Are there others that offer the same protection, with a little less bulk? Cheaper? Etc.

anthonybkny

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2011
NYC
I think this is the case I have settled on wanting... seems protective, but not too bulky...

Seems like Verizon carries these cases? They at least have a regular DualPro listed online... If I can get it at Verizon, I can get 25% discount because of my work...

Anyone have any feedback on this case? Is it worth it? Are there others that offer the same protection, with a little less bulk? Cheaper? Etc.
att carried the shine. Verizon has the soft touch version. Nice case but the oils from your fingers leaves prints on the back. I returned mine today because of it.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
att carried the shine. Verizon has the soft touch version. Nice case but the oils from your fingers leaves prints on the back. I returned mine today because of it.
I like the soft touch one way more tbh, it's all black. It's really nice and lowkey versus the shiny silver one (which I had before I bought the soft touch black one).

It offers nice protection without being too big either!

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I got the regular Incipio DualPro from Verizon Online... Love the case. It's less bulky than the DualPro for the 5S and has a great feel to it.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411466233.707791.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411466245.836977.jpg

Here are two pics of the DualPro Shine before I returned it.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
This is the blue version of the DualPro?

How does it feel durability wise? Will it hold up to small drops? Doesn't seem like it would add too much bulk...
I didn't see that color option online, but it's navy blue with mint green accents.

Yes, in my opinion it would. It almost like the Speck Candyshell in the respect of it having two different layers, except it's more like an Otterbox Commuter where you have to clip in the TPE layer using the harder outershell.

I'm pretty secure in saying that it would survive everyday drops. My phone just fell twice 1.5 feet at the gym yesterday out of my pocket, and all is well! :cool:

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
I didn't see that color option online, but it's navy blue with mint green accents.

Yes, in my opinion it would. It almost like the Speck Candyshell in the respect of it having two different layers, except it's more like an Otterbox Commuter where you have to clip in the TPE layer using the harder outershell.

I'm pretty secure in saying that it would survive everyday drops. My phone just fell twice 1.5 feet at the gym yesterday out of my pocket, and all is well! :cool:

The shine of the same quality? It's just a matter of the extra $$ and having the metal looking back vs a plastic/rubbery-type back?

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
I had the dual pro for a past phone and really liked it. I'm thinking of getting one again.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
The shine of the same quality? It's just a matter of the extra $$ and having the metal looking back vs a plastic/rubbery-type back?

I never used the Shine, I literally had it for a couple hours, saw the all black DualPro at a Verizon store, then returned the Shine about an hour after that. This was all done before launch day at that.

I would assume they're of the same quality, they both felt great and solid in the hand. Both used the TPE material on the inside, which is tougher than TPU.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Haven't used or seen the DualPro for the iPhone 6 (except in pictures), but my wife's been using the DualPro for her iPhone 5 for the past year. It's one of the slimmer cases that actually will provide decent drop protection, as the squishy silicone lining should have good impact protection coupled with the hard outer shell. I know my wife's dropped her phone several times with it on without an issue. Looks like a nice combination of protection without the bulk of something like an Otterbox (though still far bulkier than the average slim case).

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Thanks for all the feedback!!

I do have another question: with the rumors of how easy it can be to bend the iPhone 6+, I am concerned about having it in my pocket at all! Is this case hard/sturdy enough to keep the phone from bending as well? (I think I'm more afraid of this happening than I am of dropping it at this point...)

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
I just bought a dual pro from Verizon for my 6+ because it was the quickest case I could find. To my surprise I absolutely love this case. The texture is awesome and it fits really tight.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I'm returning mine. The power button just was hard to push, and when I took it off in the apple store today I have two scratches around the edge at the lightening port. I haven't even been able to use the darn thing as a phone yet!

I can post a picture tomorrow if anyone wants to see them.

And, the lady helping me at the apple store couldn't get the power button to function easily one handed either, and my teen had issues, and my disabled father couldn't do it at all.

I like the material, color and style... It just wasn't going to work for me.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
I'm returning mine. The power button just was hard to push, and when I took it off in the apple store today I have two scratches around the edge at the lightening port. I haven't even been able to use the darn thing as a phone yet!

I can post a picture tomorrow if anyone wants to see them.

And, the lady helping me at the apple store couldn't get the power button to function easily one handed either, and my teen had issues, and my disabled father couldn't do it at all.

I like the material, color and style... It just wasn't going to work for me.

I would be interested in seeing what damage it caused... Do you think you had a bad case?

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
The strip that sits between the home button and the bottom ports on the phone (where a previous poster says they have a scratch) is fairly stiff but probably not impossible that sand or grit could get down in there and scratch the phone. Alternatively maybe there was dirt or something on the phone or case already. I'm still happy with this case. It feels sturdy without adding too much bulk, has good matte hand feel, and a nice lip for setting the phone face down without having to worry about the screen. I have the black/charcoal colored case.

I have no issues pushing the power button other than the phone is so large that it can require two hands if I'm holding the phone with my left hand. If holding the phone with my right hand the power button falls right under my thumb and is easy to press.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
This is the exact one I have. Protection feels really good to me and I love the responsiveness of the buttons, but I'm not a fan of the color. I'm going to head over to the AT&T Store tomorrow and try to find an all-black version of either this same case or another Incipio one.

Is this silver/gray? I just placed an order for the gunmetal/black option. I'm excited about getting it! I hope it isn't too bulky or get scratched too easily. Also hoping it is sturdy enough that I don't have to worry about the phone bending...

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
bonus - the company I bought the case from expedited it for free! :)

rwkleinjr

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Is this silver/gray? I just placed an order for the gunmetal/black option. I'm excited about getting it! I hope it isn't too bulky or get scratched too easily. Also hoping it is sturdy enough that I don't have to worry about the phone bending...

Yeah I had the silver metal-looking one. I thought it looked awkward with the front being clear, along with the black inner sleeve. Let me know how the gunmetal looks. Where did you order yours??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.