Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today debuted two brand new ads called "Huge" and "Cameras", focusing on the larger sizes of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and all of the new features of the highly praised new camera in both devices. Both ads once again feature Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake having some banter.

The first ad, "Huge", has Fallon and Timberlake talking about how big the new phones are. While Fallon points out "huge" new features like the Health app while Timberlake repeatedly points out how the phones are literally "huge".

The ads are the third and fourth in a new series of ads starring Fallon and Timberlake. Earlier today, Apple announced that the company sold 10 million iPhone 6 models over the weekend.

Article Link: Apple Debuts New Ads 'Huge' and 'Cameras' Starring Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Waiting for Android blogs to talk about how big phones are so "2011"...

Who will do it first? My money is on Droid-Life. For an Android blog they sure talk a lot about the iPhone.

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
I really, really dislike Fallon. I wish he would stop piggybacking on Justin's coolness.

I wish they would have brought back Justin Long instead for these ads. I miss him.

hummus

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2012
I think these are pretty smart insofar as the casual consumer is concerned (which makes up the bulk of Apple's market).

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
Some of us will like these ads. some of us will not like them. Somebody will figure out a way to compare these to "I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC."

For the record: I like them :)

macintologist

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2004
I really really dislike these new Fallon-Timberlake ads. They don't feel Apple-like. Apple has traditionally rejected the horrible hyperactive style that you normally see in American TV ads, and now they seem to be capitulating to it.

Whitelobster

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2014
Why the hell would you spend money on Fallon and Timberlake, not show them, but only to have to have TC come back out on stage and say, "do you know who that is?!?!"

They played the exact same commercial this weekend and everyone (I was at a football party) thought it was horrible.

Maybe SHOW the overpaid celebrities you're buying to sell your ****????

joshuaclinton

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2014
Yes, we get it. The iPhone 6+ is huge, but when you continue to repeat how huge it is, it just makes you sound like you're trying to play catchup. Kinda comes off being desperate.

Definitely a different direction then their previous ads, but I kind of like it. It seems more personable and I think will reach out to a different (perhaps bigger) segment of the population than their other ads.

edit: To those saying "yeah, but android phones have been big forever!" So what... the point is that iPhones haven't. It's good to get that information out there to people that have been wanting bigger iPhones

BrianMojo

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2006
Boston, MA
Boy, I'd love to watch these without my video playback stuttering, stopping, & phantom starting (but not actually playing). Thanks iOS 8!

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
These ads seem to be taking Apple in a new "less sophisticated" direction. Maybe they are designed to target a different demographic since Apple probably figures they already have their core customers locked in for life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.