Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
After digesting a lot of information, wishes, wants, and complaints about things that are needed or lacking in the iPhone 6 series designs, I have one thing I would really like to see.

Apple would make a great move, in my eyes, if they turned the Apple logo on the back of the phone into a notification light. It would be a multicolored alert and could be obviously turned off or on at each users request.

Different alerts could be assigned different colors, and higher priorities that you assign could use a particular series of flashes for indication. Nothing super flashy and bright as this would undoubtedly annoy many people but at least something that correlates with how bright the environment is the way the screen brightness works.

Just one thing I hope Apple works on in the future...

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
OR,

a home touch ID button that would glow and do the same thing. This way you could "silence" the alert by just touching the button. This will probably be what happens but I love seeing my Apple logo glow on my rMBP.

JawneeWin

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
a light up Apple logo on the iPhone looks tacky to me, personally.
Maybe the ring might be more subtle. or maybe an alert light under the screen where the colored part is.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Most people would never see the apple light up, it's either facing away from you or facing a table top. there are hacks/mods that have lit the apple tho..

SundayDuffer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
Glowing logo mod had been done since the 4/4s/5, but has it been done as a notification led ? Not that i know of.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Couldn't you just use the flash for that? It's the same thing.

----------

Most people would never see the apple light up, it's either facing away from you or facing a table top

Exactly it would be useless.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Most people would never see the apple light up, it's either facing away from you or facing a table top. there are hacks/mods that have lit the apple tho..

A phone face down on a table would light up the logo, a phone face up would light up the touch ID home buttone.

----------

Couldn't you just use the flash for that? It's the same thing.

----------

Exactly it would be useless.

I do use the flash. Sitting at a poker table, it literally scares the **** out of people.

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
After digesting a lot of information, wishes, wants, and complaints about things that are needed or lacking in the iPhone 6 series designs, I have one thing I would really like to see.

Apple would make a great move, in my eyes, if they turned the Apple logo on the back of the phone into a notification light. It would be a multicolored alert and could be obviously turned off or on at each users request.

Different alerts could be assigned different colors, and higher priorities that you assign could use a particular series of flashes for indication. Nothing super flashy and bright as this would undoubtedly annoy many people but at least something that correlates with how bright the environment is the way the screen brightness works.

Just one thing I hope Apple works on in the future...

You put your phone down on its screen?

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
OR,

a home touch ID button that would glow and do the same thing. This way you could "silence" the alert by just touching the button. This will probably be what happens but I love seeing my Apple logo glow on my rMBP.

Either one would be cool...or both for rear and front notifications. I would love to see the touchid glow, sadly I doubt this will happen anytime soon!

benzkid89

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
TN
MKBHD showed a cool mockup of an next gen iphone with a notification light around the touchid. Looked so smooth, I hate missing alerts because I don't have a notification light.

chupachup

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2013
Face down with a case. I tend to drop stuff when the phone is on my desk, and have cracked a screen more than once.

My phone has a notification light. Not only that, I can assign different colors to my contacts so I know who it is.

My experience after iPhone is vastly superior.

Q Bert

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Chicago Burbs
Yeah I agree but there should be a toggle under settings to have it ON or OFF and/or just the Apple logo, just the TouchID ring, or both...for those who dont want it

makerleone

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2014
USA
Wow that is a great idea, i really like this, i wish apple will apply this for their next technology.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
Glowing touch id is a very promising feature. Hope Apple adopt it. I miss notification light on my android phone

Rocketpaul

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2012
London
Glowing touch id is a very promising feature. Hope Apple adopt it. I miss notification light on my android phone

same, didn't even realise the iPhone didn't have one. out of curiosity how are you finding the change to iPhone, I'm still debating whether to keep the iPhone 6 over my htc M7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.