Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JarredWagner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
Is there any indication that Shared Folders (like Dropbox) will be a feature?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Is there any indication that Shared Folders (like Dropbox) will be a feature?

Coming Soon to an iCould near you.:D

ScreenShot2014-09-23at92628AM_zps04786854.jpg

JarredWagner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
With Dropbox, you can create a 'Shared Folder' that multiple users can have access to. Anyone with access can add/remove/link to files in the folder. This is great for collaborative projects or sharing files with family and friends. I am hoping that iCould drive will offer something similar.

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
I'm hoping to be able to share entire folders also rather than just individual files. Currently doing so in Google Drive, but keen to migrate if possible. It's looking doubtful at the moment though.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
With Dropbox, you can create a 'Shared Folder' that multiple users can have access to. Anyone with access can add/remove/link to files in the folder. This is great for collaborative projects or sharing files with family and friends. I am hoping that iCould drive will offer something similar.

Yea, it's fantastic.
My fiance and I use this, with a secondary 1Password vault... so that we have a shared security vault of passwords and accounts.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
Am I missing something, or does iCloud Drive STILL not allow subfolders? I'd like to create some folders to share with my family, but I really want to create a folder structure to keep things organized.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Am I missing something, or does iCloud Drive STILL not allow subfolders? I'd like to create some folders to share with my family, but I really want to create a folder structure to keep things organized.

You mean like this? You can just make a new Folder and drag it into a Folder. Same as a HD location.

ScreenShot2014-09-24at50005PM_zps3216fc34.jpg

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
Try to make subfolders greater than one level deep in pages or numbers folders. Put files elsewhere and then try to load from ios pages or numbers outside their default folders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.