Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ios_8_icon.jpg
Earlier this month, it was reported that Apple was preparing to seed carrier partners with iOS 8.0.1 even before the media event officially announcing launch dates for iOS 8 and the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Details on the update were unknown at the time, but we noted that we'd seen a significant uptick in activity from devices running iOS 8.0.1 in recent weeks.

Web traffic from devices running iOS 8.0.1 on Apple's networks peaked around the time of Apple's media event before tailing off a bit, but Apple does indeed appear to have provided the update to carrier partners and MacRumors has received word from a source that the updates addresses several bugs present in the iOS 8 golden master version released to the public last week. Among the issues:

- Phone: Addresses bugs with call forwarding and freezing when accessing visual voicemail
- Keyboard: Fixes an issue with keypad not appearing to enter iCloud Keychain verification codes
- Safari: Fixes a problem with videos occasionally not playing
- Sharing: Fixes AirDrop support for Passbook passes
- VPN: Addresses an issue with installing VPN profiles

Beyond the documented fixes, iOS 8.0.1 will undoubtedly fix a number of other early users have been experiencing although it will likely still be several more minor updates before most of them can be addressed. A release date for iOS 8.0.1 is not yet known, but it could appear fairly soon given that it is already in the hands of partners for testing and approval.

Article Link: iOS 8.0.1 to Address Bugs With Phone, Keyboard, Videos in Safari, and More

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Glad I waited. Depending on user reports I may hold out for 8.0.2 or later.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
The main but (aside from wifi) I've niticed is some UI glitches when rotating into landscape.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
Ok so they will not address actual issues like wifi, and safari crash?

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
It's really incredible how quickly Apple is able to issue updates like this. This is why i choose iOS products every time. Apparently only Apple can do this, everyone else takes many months to issue an update.

sundog925

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
I rolled back to 7.1.2 on my 5S.
Too many bugs.
Overheating.
iMessage sending twice.
AirPlay is broken
and that TERRIBLE iCloud Drive not working…..

NokiaRules

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2009
It's been pretty stable for me. The only issues I've had constantly are the keyboard always being in landscape when I'm holding my phone in portrait. But this has mainly happened in the YouTube app, so I'm not sure which to blame... the youtube app, or ios.... *edit* I should add I'm not using a 3rd party keyboard...

Last edited:

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
- Keyboard: Fixes an issue with keypad not appearing to enter iCloud Keychain verification codes

What about the issue with keyboard not appearing sometimes when clicking a text box? I have to remove the app from multitasking and reopen it to fix this (happened in Messages and Safari so far)

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2011
I have a 5s, and certainly experiencing keyboard freeze and issues when texting. Bummer. Hope they fix this. I noticed it instantly.

There is also a weird thing happening in portrait mode, when texting, if I swipe up with my left thumb in the left corner very quickly-- a small window appears for a brief moment with a toggle for on/off of predictive text. I cannot get it to stay and function... but apparently I do it enough to consistently turn OFF that function ! DRAT... I really like the new predictive text !

Anyone else see this issue? OR am I just doing something wrong?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Wifi has been pretty buggy for me. Won't detect networks and won't show up as a hotspot sometimes. Keyboard bugs for me include it going back to stock from Swiftkey frequently so I disabled stock keyboard.

----------

What about the issue with keyboard not appearing sometimes when clicking a text box? I have to remove the app from multitasking and reopen it to fix this (happened in Messages and Safari so far)

Yeah I've been getting that too but thought it could be because of Swiftkey.

elpamyelhsa

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2010
Geraldton, Western Australia
I don't think that 12A365 was ready for public release, but they weren't finished in time so had to release it then rush an 8.0.1 update out with all the minor bugs fixed from 12A365 plus hopefully the original 8.0.1 stage update.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
I've got an iPhone 6, so I have to IOS 8. After my initial restore from my iPhone 5 (which seemed to go smoothly), I haven't been able to sync my phone using iTunes. Keeps hanging up on something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.