Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaunmed

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
very bad news. Apple will deny it b/c they're corporate scum. not a very scientific test tho. they need to use one of these

Detail2_3300TouchPanel.jpg

MS2083

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
California
my 6 Plus 64GB is still in like new condition and not bent, however I'am debating if I should exchange it for a regular iPhone 6 128GB.. have till Oct 3rd to think about it!

is the Applecare+ transferable from Phone to Phone for exchanges ??

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
uhm yeah.. like everyone who has an iphone 6 plus will purposely bend their phone. :rolleyes:

chrise2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
My phone bends when I bend it????? Damn you Apple!!!!

Bent your phone in your pants? Just turn your phone around in your pants and run into a wall. Bam, phone fixed.

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
This guy bent the phone so hard, his fingers were about to blister. Every phone made of metal on the planet will bend if you torture bend with that much pressure. This is not going to happen to your phone under normal use. If your pants are tight enough to bend the phone, it means your circulation has likely been cut off and you have bigger problems.

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
Lmao he's having to bend the **** out of it. Just a quick tip, don't carry a huge phone in your pocket while sitting. Second tip, don't bend it.

Next headline....glass shatters when dropped.

scrtagntman

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
Lmao he's having to bend the **** out of it. Just a quick tip, don't carry a huge iPhone in your pocket while sitting. Second tip, don't bend it.

Fixed it. Other large phones seem to be doing well.

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Exactly. He was putting a ridiculous amount of pressure to get it to bend the way it did.

Further proof imho that "I lightly bumped into someone" is a bunch of BS.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
uhm yeah.. like everyone who has an iphone 6 plus will purposely bend their phone. :rolleyes:

The idea of the video, presumably, is to show that relatively little pressure (nothing but an average guy's bare hands) is needed to significantly bend the phone.

In some ways this is a better test than using a calibrated machine, because that will give numbers that are meaningless to the average Joe.

A few claims already that it bent in people's front pockets and a lot of claims of BS. It seems it is less BS and more actual possibility. Only time will really tell if this is truly an issue in standard use. I would consider front pocket to be a pretty standard place people keep their phone, so if it is an issue, we will see more complaints over time.

All that aside I was rather amazed that the screen didn't crack. That glass had a pretty good arch going lol.

Immiddx

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
I'm so confused by the reactions to this video. He's bending the **** out of it and, of course, it bends. If you are generating that much force on your phone around a centralized pivot point while just keeping the phone in your baggy pants then there is something wrong with your pants, not the phone.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
Fixed it. Other large phones seem to be doing well.

Other phones except for the Samsung Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z1, Blackberry Q10, HTC Evo and the Oppo you mean? Go to the link in post #10 and look at the pictures for yourself. :rolleyes:

Thereisnowill

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Lmao he's having to bend the **** out of it. Just a quick tip, don't carry a huge phone in your pocket while sitting. Second tip, don't bend it.

Totally agree. Like the last part, got a good laugh out of it haha.

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
In the beginning of the video he showed the device was already slightly bent before starting. I wonder how much harder it could have been if the structural integrity was still intact.

Snot Rox

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA
I'm so confused by the reactions to this video. He's bending the **** out of it and, of course, it bends. If you are generating that much force on your phone around a centralized pivot point while just keeping the phone in your baggy pants then there is something wrong with your pants, not the phone.

Exactly. You can see his hands slightly shaking while attempting to bend the phone. That is some significant force/pressure being done to the phone, so of course it will bend.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
The idea of the video, presumably, is to show that relatively little pressure (nothing but an average guy's bare hands) is needed to significantly bend the phone.

In some ways this is a better test than using a calibrated machine, because that will give numbers that are meaningless to the average Joe.

A few claims already that it bent in people's front pockets and a lot of claims of BS. It seems it is less BS and more actual possibility. Only time will really tell if this is truly an issue in standard use. I would consider front pocket to be a pretty standard place people keep their phone, so if it is an issue, we will see more complaints over time.

All that aside I was rather amazed that the screen didn't crack. That glass had a pretty good arch going lol.

oh yeah.. it was very little pressure that was put on that phone.. maybe i was just imagining things. sorry. :rolleyes:

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
News flash! IPhone 6+ will burn if you throw it in a fire!

Just take care of your stuff people #

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
If there's that much pressure in your pants while you're sitting, you have to be an idiot to not realize something is wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.