Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has begun rolling out a new print ad on the back of magazines like Rolling Stone showing off how big the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are compared to older iPhone models, as noticed by The Mac Observer.

20140923rollingstonead_550_559.jpg
The ad simply depicts both of the new iPhones at actual size with the tagline "Actual Sizes", and could likely tempt users of older iPhones to compare their current model to the new ones to see the size differences between the phones. Below the iPhones, the ad includes copy that briefly talks about the new features of the phones.
Stunning Retina HD display. Amazing new iSight camera. Powerful 64-bit A8 processor. The most advanced iOS yet. All in an ultraslim design. The new iPhones are bigger than bigger.
Apple has made the larger sizes of the new iPhones one of the cornerstones of its marketing for them, also debuting a TV ad starring Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake that talks about how "huge" the new phones are.

Article Link: New Apple Print Ad Shows Off iPhone 6 and 6 Plus 'Actual Sizes'

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
Wow ... I've sent girls ad's of a thing and they asked if it was actual size or scaled. i tell them actual size and they just laugh :(

Amnak

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
They can't really put an ad for a feature that isn't ready yet. Like health kit or payments

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
The fact the 6 Plus's screen scales down the display really bugs me.

If your screen shot is 2208 x 1242 that's how many pixels the screen should have!

Logic368

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
the ad phones look eerily real, and it seems almost kinda uncanny when you notice the shadows facing different directions.

robert1ee

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Bendgate?

Curious for an Apple news site... one that I frequently read, that there isn't an article about the bending problem of the iPhone 6 Plus.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
thought i would tweak this a little

Stunning Retina HD display. Amazing new iSight camera. Powerful 64-bit A8 processor. The most advanced iOS yet. All in an ultraslim design. The new iPhones are bigger than bigger, and the best feature yet, it can be bent just by leaving it in your pocket. The most innovative thing to happen to a phone.

pacfolly

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2010
Bigger than bigger is right which is why the new larger sizes are much more of a negative than positive feature to me since not even the 6 fits comfortably in my adult male hand.

If you have a phone that is smaller than the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, though at least these ads will let you see how much pocket space you are saving by not "upgrading."

domo-origoto

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2014
did any of you who got he 6 plus return it for the 6? i played with it at the apple store....and it seems a bit big

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.