Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
I have had this HTC One M8 for five months now, and it still impresses me :D I have owned 13 different Android flagship phones the past five years, and I would put this One M8 at the top, especially if running the 'GPE' version. Great design, amazing build quality, awesome sounding stereo speakers that are loud and clear, it's warp speed fast, gorgeous screen, and the battery life, wow.

I just installed a fresh 'GPE' ROM on Monday, and look at these battery life results, this compares to my old Galaxy Note 2, which was a beast on battery.

I unplugged my phone yesterday off the charger at 6:00am, and didn't charge again until bedtime at 11:00pm. I got 6h On Screen time, and total usage of 17 hours. And it was a workday, so major use nonstop for work, two hours of phone calls, hundred texts, GPS Navigation, plenty of web use looking up Vendor sites, etc... And most of this was on the 4G LTE network, only a couple hours of this on WiFi. I was hammering on this phone all day and night, HEAVY use.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I converted mine to a GPE as well and loving it. I got it at launch, almost 6 months now and it's probably the longest I've kept an android phone for since 2011. Don't see anything on the horizon that will get me to replace it either, could I go a whole year with it before upgrade to the M9?

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Impressive battery life!

Best part is that you will get updates for the next 2 years guaranteed. HTC is great with updates and it will only make the phone even better.

LorPGDL

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2011
if only they had kept the same size but without the stupid htc logo and screen instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.