Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajvizzgamer101

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
United States
So I have turned on Handoff and logged into my iCloud account for both my iPhone 6 and my 2013 MBPr running Yosemite Public Beta 3. It does not work at all when I open a website on either device. Now I noticed it worked between my iPhone 6 and iPhone 5 but not for my iPhone 6 and Mac. And my Mac does pick up phone calls.

Everything is turned on and I am using latest Apple technology. This should work, right?

Last edited:

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Help:)

I did have handoff working pb3 iOS 8.01
no handoff since 8.02:confused:

yes its enabled in mcb Yosemite pb3....how I would like to have the 'wee safari' window om iPhone 6 again..or do I have to wait for Yosemite full release:eek:

havmir53

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2014
Help:)

I did have handoff working pb3 iOS 8.01
no handoff since 8.02:confused:

yes its enabled in mcb Yosemite pb3....how I would like to have the 'wee safari' window om iPhone 6 again..or do I have to wait for Yosemite full release:eek:

Nope ... we can get that wee safari icon back for you ... here's the trick ... sign out of your iCloud account on your iPhone .. then sign back in ... and then do the same on your Mac ... be sure you are on the same iCloud account ... and just to be sure ... make sure both machines (phone and Mac) are on the same WiFi network and band ... cannot have one on 2.4 band and the other 5 ghz band ... in case you have multi antenna/radios like my set up. Best of luck ... a real joy to behold when continuity works ... making call on the Mac and continuity/handoff are worth the PIA price of admission!

Post back you results after you cycle back in and out of iCloud on both machines.
Oh .. in case that does not work ... sign out and back in on both machines with the same iTunes login. Best of luck!

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
Thanks

got the wee safari window iPhone..what I've never had working is the bouncing safari window on macbook dock..is that where I view a website in safari and the same site shows iPhone:eek:

i'm not sure if its relevant though my iTunes account for purchases/music cannot be changed to my usual iCloud account @icloud.com it changes to my old @gmail.com after I log out/in

havmir53

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2014
Hmmm ... I'vevl read about the icon bounce on the dock .... But as far as Safari continuity is concerned; I've only ever seen the Safari compass icon with the wee phone in a gray circle on the left edge of the dock ...I guess it sort of bounces/bounds in ... But then it sits still. It does however reflect the page you are working on in Safari on your phone if that's the last application you worked with before going to the Mac. Cheers

Blue26

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Dublin, California
Found the answer to my question .. in case anyone else is looking:

Handoff-Compatible Mac Computers
Making sure your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are ready is the first step, but you'll also need a compatible Mac computer. For Handoff to work, you will need to have Bluetooth LE 4.0 compatibility, which the following computers have:

MacBook Air (mid-2011 or later)
MacBook Pro (mid-2012 or later)
Retina MacBook Pro (all models)
iMac (late-2012 or later)
Mac Mini (mid-2011 or later)
Mac Pro (late-2013 or later)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.