Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elviram

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
My iPhone 6 plus screen's right side is much brighter and colder that the left one. It's especially noticeable on white background. It is so distracting when I read books. Does anyone has the same issue?

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Posting a pic would help. If it's that noticeable, you shouldn't have problems getting it swapped at an Apple Store.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
That's definitely not normal, no. The brightness and color balance on my 6 Plus is perfectly uniform across the screen, yours should be too.

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
What did the Apple Store do, Elviram?

I'm not sure what to do about my 6s with the same problem (bought on Sunday). It's not extreme but I'm a photographer and I see it very clearly. It bugs me. This is an expensive purchase.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I've had two 6s' and both have had uniformity issues. The first had the darker half on the left side and the one I have now is the opposite. The reason I ended up keeping it was it has a much cooler color temperature on BOTH sides than the last one had on its cooler side.

Things got really bad when I purchased an old iPhone 4 the other day and compared the screens. The difference in display quality between the two is unbelievable.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
This issue is still alive and well in the 6s and 6s Plus. I've gone through 3 phones already, all with uneven tints.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
Have you considered seeing a therapist? Seriously...it's not the phone that's the problem.

You'd like to think you're funny and clever, but you're not.

Seriously, if I see an issue with the phone, who are you to tell me that it's not one?

I'll never understand the elitist attitude that a**holes like you carry around on this forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.