Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Konvictz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
Companies like BMW have coped with half their metal chassis missing for years now.

They strengthen their convertibles in such a way that while there is a slight weight gain, the performance is still excellent.

Lucky for apple the bending is mainly only occurring near the volume buttons which can and will be fixed pretty easily by reinforced strengthening around those areas, other than that the iphone 6 plus is excellent in terms of build quality.

I would be happy if Apple did issue a replacement for my plus once they got the problems sorted out, I paid decent money for my 128gb plus and I expect a decent service.

No doubt Apple will fix this issue, but it will hurt them in the longer run.

Apple has built its foundations with build quality, from the Mac Pro, to ipad to iphone, Apple products are notoriously known for the high quality materials and build quality - so this will be remembered for a very long time.

Apple, sort it out. After the protruding camera, horrible thick antenna lines, the 1gb of ram causing the reload issues, the lack of upgrade of cpu/gpu I was still happy with the iphone 6 plus, but the bending scenario is just disappointing, for such an expensive product.

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
Or contact liquidmetal.com

That material is a lot stronger than titanium.

Do you know that the sim eject tool from past iphones was build with liquidmetal?

sportello

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2014
Companies like BMW have coped with half their metal chassis missing for years now.

They strengthen their convertibles in such a way that while there is a slight weight gain, the performance is still excellent.

Lucky for apple the bending is mainly only occurring near the volume buttons which can and will be fixed pretty easily by reinforced strengthening around those areas, other than that the iphone 6 plus is excellent in terms of build quality.

I would be happy if Apple did issue a replacement for my plus once they got the problems sorted out, I paid decent money for my 128gb plus and I expect a decent service.

No doubt Apple will fix this issue, but it will hurt them in the longer run.

Apple has built its foundations with build quality, from the Mac Pro, to ipad to iphone, Apple products are notoriously known for the high quality materials and build quality - so this will be remembered for a very long time.

Apple, sort it out. After the protruding camera, horrible thick antenna lines, the 1gb of ram causing the reload issues, the lack of upgrade of cpu/gpu I was still happy with the iphone 6 plus, but the bending scenario is just disappointing, for such an expensive product.

I feel exactly the same way.

I'm not sure it will hurt Apple in the long run. They've always dealt with controversies pretty well by being minimalist in their acknowledgment of defects. But Tim Cook seems prone to gestures of empathy, so it could go either way.

I don't think they will be offering any sort of replacements for us existing owners, but they will probably begin reinforcing the cases in some hardly noticeable way if they think they can get away with it quietly.

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
The same bend issue was with the iphone 5 and they keep building the iphone 6 with issues.

If you take care of your phone the bend issue will not appear.

The bend issue video test was not correctly done because that iphone has already a bend issue.

Konvictz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
The same bend issue was with the iphone 5 and they keep building the iphone 6 with issues.

If you take care of your phone the bend issue will not appear.

The bend issue video test was not correctly done because that iphone has already a bend issue.

No he tried using an iphone 5s i believe in a follow up video, this did not happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.