Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JessFrances

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2014
Hi,

I recently got my iPhone 5c screen replaced as I dropped it and the touch sensitivity stopped working. When I got the phone back the guy in the shop said I need to update my phone to iOS 8 in order for the screen to work?

Is this normal?? Will it work when I update it?

Please help!

Jess x

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Hi,

I recently got my iPhone 5c screen replaced as I dropped it and the touch sensitivity stopped working. When I got the phone back the guy in the shop said I need to update my phone to iOS 8 in order for the screen to work?

Please help!

Jess x

You are not being clear.
You said your phone's screen got replaced. Is it recognizing touches at all now, with the screen replaced?
The suggestion you were given is bs. Hardware defects are not fixed through software.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That makes no sense. I'd ask for you money back. You wanted your screen replaced and functioning as before. Needing the OS updated to make the new screen work is ludicrous

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Hi,

Please help!

Jess x

by the ridiculous suggestion this guy gave you i'm gonna assume the phone's not working because the new screen wasn't installed correctly

go back & tell this guy he's an idiot & then ask for a refund

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.