Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ob81

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 4,634
Last edited:

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Predictable.

The antennagate was a genuine issue, yellowgate maybe.

This is just stupid. Pure and simple. People are just milking it to their benefit. Especially the Youtube guy.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I'm not going to watch any videos at the moment. I will say Samsung has no room to talk. My husband's friend had one of their higher end phones snap almost in half in his pocket and was so sick at the issues with the replacement he is eagerly returning to IPhone, despite overblown bad bendygate press. Pockets can be rough environments. If you pocket a phone, use a case of some sort.

I'm not going with a snipey, sniveling whiney baby company that has ad campaigns that sound like they were written by hormonal petulant Tweens. I am not going with a company that ignores females and left handers in some of its designs. I'm not too enamored with Android devices, period. Samsung can go pound sand.

rhylin

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Nowhere, USA
I'm not going to watch any videos at the moment. I will say Samsung has no room to talk. My husband's friend had one of their higher end phones snap almost in half in his pocket and was so sick at the issues with the replacement he is eagerly returning to IPhone, despite overblown bad bendygate press. Pockets can be rough environments. If you pocket a phone, use a case of some sort.

I'm not going with a snipey, sniveling whiney baby company that has ad campaigns that sound like they were written by hormonal petulant Tweens. I am not going with a company that ignores females and left handers in some of its designs. I'm not too enamored with Android devices, period. Samsung can go pound sand.

Snap in half? What in the world could someone be doing to have a phone nearly snap in a pocket?

Cancelled
Nov 8, 2011
No need to get ... bent .. out of shape over this.

No worries folks, I'm here all week!

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I've got no idea. I think he just sat down, but not on it. He didn't snap it totally in half but the fracture point was midway on it. Now my husband did somehow bend an iPad mini. But he was able to bend it back into shape and it remained completely usable and functional bent and unbent. There was just no going back for the friend's plastic Samsung.

I didn't see it; husband described it to me. The guy is not that tall or heavy. He got another one and wasn't too fond of it due to lag and aspects of the Android ecosystem he didn't want to be bothered with. I forget which model he had. I know there are plenty of people who love their Samsungs and think it's the right brand for them. Husband's friend just is better suited to Apple. He went with Samsung because he wanted a bigger screen.

lookatchu

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2013
This is actually a very clever add and Apple deserves it. We all know that Apple would pounce all over the competition with snarky remarks if the tables were turned. In every keynote Apple attempts to throw "clever" jabs. Yes, I'm an Apple user, no, I'm not an irrational fanboy.

samsung.jpg

dilutedq

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
The antenna issue wasn't even an issue exclusive to the IPhone. It's a problem that exists with all cell phones. I have a nexus 5 right now that has that "antenna issue" if I "hold it wrong". This has nothing to do with the bending "issue" but I just hate people bringing up the IPhone 4 antenna issue that really was a normal cell phone problem that all had.

lookatchu

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2013

Snap in half??? What was it, a flip phone circa 1999?

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
Samsung does produce a decent product. However, putting out ads like this wreaks of desperation.

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Did people even read the article? That was created by a fan. Not officially from Samsung.

This is what Samsung tweeted.

https://twitter.com/SamsungMobile/status/515074944485449728

The photoshop in the OP is actually much better, and is actually pretty funny (don't care who you are; it's pretty damn clever :D ). Samsung's tweet means nothing though, still no release date on the Edge. They should focus on that.

....and phones don't snap in half. :rolleyes:

Madhawk

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2007
I'm an iPhone user myself and that is actually a good/funny ad from Samsung.

Well played...

daviddcmd

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2010

Have you tried a Sony phone? I currently have a Z2. 3GB ram, 20MP camera, water and dust proof, solid build, 124GB sd card and I got it for umder $500.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.