Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacRumors News Discussion (archive)

Old Jul 19, 2001, 02:30 AM   #1
carlsson
macrumors regular

Smile

Stop the whining!
I love Apple and I love all the new things they have given us this last year, wether it was presented yesterday or three months ago.
Apple is going on strong and the market grows bigger.
We won't switch to slimey grey plastic wintel-****!

Stop your whining and be happy we work on the most tremendous platform and machines of all!
carlsson is offline   0
Old Jul 19, 2001, 05:02 AM   #2
Thin Ice
macrumors newbie

Is that you Steve?
Thin Ice is offline   0
Old Jul 19, 2001, 02:51 PM   #3
spikey
Banned

Talking smeg

lol.... i take it u dont like wintel mr carlsson?
Macworld woz dissapointing but partly because alot were hoping 4 too much.
Sure it woz a skank but i do like the sound of moving from dual 533 powermacs to dual 800, big improvement. like the new case, bit boring tho.
As 4 the imac... a new one needs to cum soon.
When is the next macworld by the way?
spikey is offline   0
Old Jul 19, 2001, 05:25 PM   #4
DJ Hoyt
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to DJ Hoyt Send a message via MSN to DJ Hoyt Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Hoyt
Smile Re: smeg

I was really happy with the Macworld expo. I was shocked at what came out. I thought Apple had done away with the G4 duals. But they made a come back. Much faster too, blow the knickers off of the AMD Athlons. Superdrives on the mid and high range G4s now :-D Flat screen iMacs will be a few more keynotes down the road. Patience is good to have. I'm just waiting for the 2nd gen of the Titanium G4s. And this quote below I found funny. iMacs cumming is just funny =)
Quote:
Originally posted by spikey
As 4 the imac... a new one needs to cum soon.
DJ Hoyt is offline   0
Old Jul 23, 2001, 02:21 PM   #5
spikey
Banned

Wink lol

lol...... some ppl have a one-track mind
spikey is offline   0
Old Jul 23, 2001, 02:27 PM   #6
Gallifrey
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Gallifrey
G5

I think the new G4s are great and really cool looking but I am wating for a G5 or G6 depending how long it will take me to afford a high preformace Mac. This little ibook will do me well until then. This batch of G4s will probably be the last or second to the last batch of them. Then bring on the G5 baby!!
Old Jul 24, 2001, 09:34 AM   #7
DJ Hoyt
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to DJ Hoyt Send a message via MSN to DJ Hoyt Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Hoyt
Talking One-Track Mind

Actually it's a one track spelling. But I won't get into the details of both meanings. Like their and there. They both mean different but sound the same. So it's not one track, it's being smart and knowing proper grammer :-D And on G5s, yes that will be great. I already own 350MHz G4 PCI Graphics and I'm planning to get a Plutonium Pow... I mean Titanium PowerBook. I will sleep with it every night.
DJ Hoyt is offline   0
Old Jul 24, 2001, 03:26 PM   #8
spikey
Banned

Unhappy arse

well ijm sorry for not being intellectual enough for you.
spikey is offline   0
Old Jul 24, 2001, 05:25 PM   #9
blakespot
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to blakespot
spikey: At least you aren't sleeping with a laptop computer.

blakespot
blakespot is offline   0
Old Jul 25, 2001, 02:46 PM   #10
spikey
Banned

Wink sticky white love piss

hehe, i see wot u mean.
spikey is offline   0
Old Jul 25, 2001, 03:40 PM   #11
DJ Hoyt
macrumors member

A true mac lover lusts for Apple computers on a regular daily basis. And there is NOTHING wrong with sleeping with laptops. I'd sleep with my G4 tower if it wasn't plugged into so may devices. Quite a bother to move it to my bed.
DJ Hoyt is offline   0
Old Jul 25, 2001, 08:36 PM   #12
Wife Beatin Pa
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Wife Beatin Pa
Cool

lol, i like the way spikey spelled "come" in his first message. too funny. i spell it that way too sometimes. keep the cum cumming.
Wife Beatin Pa is offline   0
Old Jul 25, 2001, 09:27 PM   #13
MrMacMan
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to MrMacMan
Dj

Do you like your power mac glowing? Plutonium, lol
MrMacMan is offline   0
Old Jul 26, 2001, 01:14 AM   #14
carlsson
macrumors regular

Talking

What do u mean "move it to your bed"? I have my imac in my bed, all the time! That way I have my digital hub as close as possible; I can look at my dvd's in my bed, surfing the net, make all my iMovies etc etc... Best of all - I don't need a blanket, the iMac alster so much heat I am warm anyway! (and with the upcoming "Platinum" we have the tan for free)

Maybe I made u all believe that I am one of those Apple fanatics, and even if I love Macintosh, I am not fanatic. At work I maintain mac's as well as Wintel machines, we have 34 Mac's and 33 PC's. I prefer to work with Mac though and have done so the last 15 years. Mac is not the perfect solution always (yet), but for certain; that isn't the wintel solutions either!
What I wanted to say is that soo many people complained about their disappointment re MacWorld Expo. Okey, so they didn't present the lcd iMac 2GHz for $499? Make an own if u think it's so simple!

I just got little tired with all the negative wibes! Apple is kicking some ass and they will be kicking more!!!

And no - I'm not Steve!
carlsson is offline   0
Old Jul 26, 2001, 08:22 AM   #15
Megaquad
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally posted by andreascarlsson
What do u mean "move it to your bed"? I have my imac in my bed, all the time! That way I have my digital hub as close as possible; I can look at my dvd's in my bed, surfing the net, make all my iMovies etc etc... Best of all - I don't need a blanket, the iMac alster so much heat I am warm anyway! (and with the upcoming "Platinum" we have the tan for free)

Maybe I made u all believe that I am one of those Apple fanatics, and even if I love Macintosh, I am not fanatic. At work I maintain mac's as well as Wintel machines, we have 34 Mac's and 33 PC's. I prefer to work with Mac though and have done so the last 15 years. Mac is not the perfect solution always (yet), but for certain; that isn't the wintel solutions either!
What I wanted to say is that soo many people complained about their disappointment re MacWorld Expo. Okey, so they didn't present the lcd iMac 2GHz for $499? Make an own if u think it's so simple!

I just got little tired with all the negative wibes! Apple is kicking some ass and they will be kicking more!!!

And no - I'm not Steve!
we love you steve ;-)
in 2 years,AMD will produce powerpc processors with high mhz's and there will be G4/G5 product line
Megaquad is offline   0
Old Jul 26, 2001, 09:27 AM   #16
Kela
macrumors 6502

Cool Ola

I wan't to ride my biii cycle... I wanna ride my bicycle.
People, PATIENCE IS THE KEY, not MUSIC (loveparade 98).

Wait till Christmas 2001.

- Revision 2 Titanium Laptops (probably with Radeon Mobiliti)

- G4 powermacs topping out at 1GHZ

- G5 powermacs pictures on macrumors.com.

- Dont think any i-mac (new one) will be introduced till December. It will have an lcd display of 14 - 15 inch.

G3, G4, G5 will live together as one happy family.
Kela is offline   0
Old Jul 26, 2001, 10:19 AM   #17
Megaquad
macrumors 6502a

Arrow kela forget about it...

rev.2 titanium will have geforce 2 go,not radeon mobility because apple is cuting cooperation with ati

we will see new powermac g4 1ghz in may 2002

forget about g5's.. maybe for few years..

new iMac (TNG) will be introduced in january 2002

g3,g4,g5 cannot live together,there will be g4 and g5... in few years

Megaquad is offline   0
Old Jul 26, 2001, 10:41 AM   #18
Gnasher

Apple screws us! and to prove their sales team have absolutely NO idea - look at the (new) revised prices of the old 733 vs the new 733 here in the UK.....
and why the glut in teh first place? maybe because us, the punters, realised they were over priced at the off....

Resellers here in the UK are suffering badly from Apples high handed approach and seemingly incompetant pricing.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/20666.html
Old Jul 26, 2001, 11:54 AM   #19
mymemory
Banned

Sick, sick, sick

Hey people!! quit making love to your computers!!!

There are minors reading this forums.
mymemory is offline   0
Old Jul 26, 2001, 12:18 PM   #20
spikey
Banned

Wink sticky penis milk

All this talk of cum is getting my hard drive hot.
thats enuff sex jokes from me, though i think the list is endless.
spikey is offline   0
Old Jul 28, 2001, 09:52 AM   #21
MrMacMan
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to MrMacMan
Angry If apple want to sell to schools....

They need more prices cutting. Look my dad is a educator and we look at the prices list for a top of the line model. We barely got $100 off!!! And for the LCD imac's it already to late for schools. Apple's ibook's aren't selling to schools cause the school don't want there students with laptops of there own. I hade to fight with my school b4 they gave me a 5 year old one. Apple is greedy with prices and even more with school budgets.
MrMacMan is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacRumors News Discussion (archive)