Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQM

Check out the times displayed on the phone. It's 2:26PM when he starts the test, per the phone's display. Then, holding the bent phone, he gives his concluding remarks. At 1:59PM on the bent phone's display. I smell BS.

If it's proven this guy faked the video, he needs to be fired ASAP and sued into oblivion.

WolfSnap

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2012
SoCal

Check out the times displayed on the phone. It's 2:26PM when he starts the test, per the phone's display. Then, holding the bent phone, he gives his concluding remarks. At 1:59PM on the bent phone's display. I smell BS.

If it's proven this guy faked the video, he needs to be fired ASAP and sued into oblivion.

I saw the same thing. There is NO WAY for that time to look like that UNLESS he was using multiple devices. And, there is NO WAY he should have been using multiple devices as he claimed it was "already a bit bent" from being in his pocket.

I smell complete ********.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Its not fake since others have desame issue. Its bad from apple to keep chasing "thinner" and making big compromises.
Although it doesnt take away the samsung notes bend perfectly fine as well.

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
You don't think it's weird that he gave his conclusions, with his bent phone, 30 minutes before he performed the "Bend test"?
I do. Absolutely. Someone should contact him regardinng these observations and the veracity of his test. Which wasn't really a test.

Can my flesh bleed if I jab a knife into it? Why, yes. Yes, it does.

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States

You are right. It looks suspicious. See the photo. :(

Edit) He bent it before 1:59PM, made it straight back, and bent it again on 2:26PM. That was the reason why he could bend it so easily.

AM vs PM. He said ""When I woke up this morning and saw number of reports claiming…". It's PM.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fakebendtest.jpg
    fakebendtest.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 10,107
Last edited:

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
yes the time is weird but the screen was off it started to physically bend and the 2:26 came on the screen
He gave his conclusion about the phone's ability to easily bend BEFORE he did the test. And somehow, before the test occurred, his phone was bent more than during the test. Unless he changed the time, the bending broke the clock software, or he did his conclusions the next day, the guy is a lying scumbag.

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
My guess is that he recorded the intro and conclusion and then changed the position of the camera to record the bending up close so that he could edit it all together and look as if he had multiple cameras. Of course that would mean it was actually already bent before he made the video and the whole thing is staged. It was bent, nonetheless, but if this is what he did then we don't really know how it was bent.

Update: After reviewing more of his videos, I can confirm he actually uses multiple cameras.

Last edited:

bnmcj1

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2014
No. Just no. He uses two cameras. I would say it is due to cutting and editing. No fake. There are also more and worse bend videos out there. He is neutral. Tests with other phones and even said the 6 was good. Sorry. Denial is worse than those posting bendgate.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
I do not think it is fake. There is probably a legitimate explanation. Watch his Twitter and YouTube. He might respond to this once he finds out what people are saying.

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
No. Just no. He uses two cameras. I would say it is due to cutting and editing. No fake. There are also more and worse bend videos out there. He is neutral. Tests with other phones and even said the 6 was good. Sorry. Denial is worse than those posting bendgate.

I do not think it is fake. There is probably a legitimate explanation. Watch his Twitter and YouTube. He might respond to this once he finds out what people are saying.

Of course it was due to cutting and editing, and that is the whole point. At 2:00 he was explaining why it bent due to size etc, and he even showed it from the side showing how bent it was. That means during the actual part of the video where he was bending it, which was recorded later at 2:26, he had already bent it.

That is dishonest reporting, no matter what his reason was. He had already bent it before demonstrating how easy it is to bend.

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA

So explain why the time of the conclusion is 30 minutes before the bend test. Like I said, the software somehow was affected by the bending (nope), the conclusion was done the next day (very possible), or the test was faked (possible).

How you can just blow off the times on the phone's display makes it sound more like you're the one in denial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.