Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssls6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
For me, my F150 with ford sync doesn't work reliably with iPhone 6. I've reset all network connects, wiped ford sync, and can make it work but after a few hours it breaks again. The symptom is basically calls get dropped when the other party answers or if you answer an incoming call.

I think it has something to do with continuity...the multiple devices that show up under bluetooth based on your iCloud devices. When ford sync is the only paired device it works but as soon as my MBA or iPad pair up then ford sync breaks. This correlation is a little weak at the moment since I've only been trying to fix this for a couple of days now.

Search the internet shows this not to be just a ford problem. I'm curious what people here have found with hand free vehicle operation.

macfoxpro

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2011
USA
For me, my F150 with ford sync doesn't work reliably with iPhone 6. I've reset all network connects, wiped ford sync, and can make it work but after a few hours it breaks again. The symptom is basically calls get dropped when the other party answers or if you answer an incoming call.

I think it has something to do with continuity...the multiple devices that show up under bluetooth based on your iCloud devices. When ford sync is the only paired device it works but as soon as my MBA or iPad pair up then ford sync breaks. This correlation is a little weak at the moment since I've only been trying to fix this for a couple of days now.

Search the internet shows this not to be just a ford problem. I'm curious what people here have found with hand free vehicle operation.

Works fine in my Ford Edge...as always.

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
2012 Toyota camry here, my plus (when I had it) worked fine with both my phone and Bluetooth audio streaming.

ssls6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Good to know, maybe not so wide spread....do you guys show continuity devices under bluetooth preferences? You know like Mac's and iPad's?

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Hmmmmm
It seems most hands free vehicle systems DO work with iPhone 6 :)

Isn't it funny how if something doesn't work for you, all of a sudden it's a problem that effects EVERYONE.

From what I have read, this seems to be an issue with Ford Sync either related to specific models or specific years. I have not heard of any Nissan/Infinity, Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura, GM, Chevy, or Audi/BMW/Mercs having issues. I have heard of a couple Porsche owners having issues.

ssls6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Isn't it funny how if something doesn't work for you, all of a sudden it's a problem that effects EVERYONE.

From what I have read, this seems to be an issue with Ford Sync either related to specific models or specific years. I have not heard of any Nissan/Infinity, Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura, GM, Chevy, or Audi/BMW/Mercs having issues. I have heard of a couple Porsche owners having issues.

I've been talking with apple. Don't assume so much. Acura even sent a note out to my wife saying there is a problem. I'm trying to get a feel for those here who have seen the problem.

ssls6

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
Can't put my finger on the common demoninator. Mine will work after a network reset but once it pairs with my cloud devices (I think, could just be time) it breaks.

lincolnfosgate

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
I've had problems with my car but I don't think it is an iPhone 6 thing as I was having some issues with my iPhone 5 running 8.0. I didn't have any issues with iPhone 5 running 7.x code. I'm sure the 8.x issues some of us may have will be addressed in future updates.

Chief Oddball

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
DFW
2012 Dodge Charger with UConnect 8.4 + nav, no problems. Calls and audio over Bluetooth are both working fine, same as my iPhone 5.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.0.0.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York

I believe there was a Bluetooth problem in iOS 8.0. Update to iOS 8.0.2 and tell me how it goes.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
2011 Chevy Cruze. Bluetooth handsfree works fine under iOS 8.0 and 8.0.2 on my iPhone 6 Plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.