Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stoney05

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2011
8.0.2 broke my iPhone 6 Plus. Looks like I'm restoring... ��

I'm in the USA

RtRq16E.jpg

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Some people reporting that things went fine for them with the update in Australia.

thaifood

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2011
For all Australia? ******** much?

I'm on 8.0.2 and have no issues with either in Australia. Nor did I have any issues with 8.0.1.

gordon1234

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
That article is a joke. It appears to be based entirely on this Reddit thread. In the thread, exactly three users complain complain that the update does not fix the issues for them – two of them are in Australia, and one is in California.

Somehow, two Australians in a forum (full of other posts saying the update fixes their issues) having problems merits an article titled "Apple iOS 8.0.2 update backfires on Australian users." Someone ought to be fired for such shoddy journalism.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
I'm in Australia and nobody on our Australian Apple forum has complained so its not ALL Australian Apple users.

smiley421

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
Same problem here in the Philippines but only with my 3G line my LTE connection is ok with iOS 8.02 but cellular network with my 3G is on and off( note I go to the same places daily). I have to restart my iPad every time it loses the signal. :(

Phoboss

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
That article is a joke. It appears to be based entirely on this Reddit thread. In the thread, exactly three users complain complain that the update does not fix the issues for them – two of them are in Australia, and one is in California.

Somehow, two Australians in a forum (full of other posts saying the update fixes their issues) having problems merits an article titled "Apple iOS 8.0.2 update backfires on Australian users." Someone ought to be fired for such shoddy journalism.

Just like a handfull of people beding their phone leading to a major world wide crisis ;)

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
No issues with mine here. Touch ID working fine as is cellular.

What a load of crap. Bunch of attention-seeking idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.