Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

conductormania

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Hi all,

I've replaced the LCD unit on a white A1181 macbook - the original screen developed a fault after it was given a good old (accidental) smack by my daughter.

The previous display had a thick line of varying weirdness down the middle, but was totally OK when viewed using screen sharing on my MBP.

All went smoothly with the replacement, and it is working fine, but I've noticed that the display appears even less bright than the old one. Apologies for inexpert language, but the apple on the case is lit up, so I'm imagining the backlight is working.

I bought the replacement LCD from a reputable source. Naturally I don't want to try to return it if there is something anyone can suggest that I might have done incorrectly, or if there is another possible solution.

Naturally, I've checked that the brightness is on full, and I've tried calibrating the display.

If I have to return the LCD replacement screen then OK - but I've read that other models have LCDs that are interchangeable - is that the case with the A1181?

I really appreciate any help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.