Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Feb 8, 2006, 09:06 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

iNMR: first application dedicated to NMR files on OSX

Category: 3rd Party Software
Link: iNMR: first application dedicated to NMR files on OSX
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Feb 9, 2006, 12:06 AM   #2
NMR Guy
macrumors newbie

Not the only NMR OS X app for NMR...

A version of the processing module for VNMRj is available for OS X.

To be honest, if you are serious about NMR, get the Varian VNMRj OS X version... or x-windows in to VNMR/VNMRj (Varian) running on Solaris or Linux, or TopSpin (Bruker) running on Linux.

BTW Not sure what the deal with iNMR and SwaN-MR is. Looks like SwaN-MR (freeware/registerware) has been taken down completely and replaced with this software, which is not all that cheap.
NMR Guy is offline   0
Old Feb 10, 2006, 04:56 AM   #3
bazzler
macrumors newbie

iNMR

I am a mac-using organic chemist. Until now, there has never been an app for nmr reprocessing app for OSX that was powerful and userfriendly.

iNMR is intuitive to use and pleasing to the eye, very much in the way as one would expect from an Apple application. It performs many (including all of the important and critical) functions of the existing nmr reproc. solutions, and gives the output i want with the minimum of effort.

I cannot recommend highly enough this elegant and powerful program to anyone involved with NMR, regardless of their computing background.

I am not alone in my praise either, their are several mac - chemists in the department where i work , and like me they were all blown away with the excellence of this software.

The mac is somewhat of a forsaken child in the world of chemistry, particularly with 3rd party apps; the author should be commended for daring to invest his time and effort with this gem of a program.

If youre an organic chemist , give it a go and spread the word; you wont be disappointed.
bazzler is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion