Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luftx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I updated my iPad (Sprint WiFi+cellular) to 8.0.2 and after the update, the Settings app is showing a 1. I've restored and its still there. Any idea why?

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
When you open the Settings under About is there still a notification regarding an update?

image.jpg

Here, you can clearly see that I have a badge, but at the software update screen, I am up to date, running 8.0.2.

micdog99

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
I am having the same issue also. I have rebooted and restored from iTunes backup and I am still seeing the badge. Does anyone have an fixes?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I am having the same issue also. I have rebooted and restored from iTunes backup and I am still seeing the badge. Does anyone have an fixes?

I had this issue and fixed it this morning (by accident).

Wait until there is actually a real app update in the iOS App Store then update the app from the iOS App Store and this clears the indicator. I had a 1 there for days and had been updating apps from iTunes, so it never cleared, but a soon as I got an update available on the iOS side and applied it the 1 reset.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I had this issue and fixed it this morning (by accident).

Wait until there is actually a real app update in the iOS App Store then update the app from the iOS App Store and this clears the indicator. I had a 1 there for days and had been updating apps from iTunes, so it never cleared, but a soon as I got an update available on the iOS side and applied it the 1 reset.

No this is pertaining to the badge next to settings when there is an iOS update, not a badge next to the App Store when there is an app update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.