Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 26, 2003
... and I feel sort of idiotic.

In some of the discussions about the bending iPhone 6, I saw there were two factions: people who thought it was reasonable to leave an electronic device in your back pocket at all times (including when sitting) and those of us who have always made it a practice to remove the phone when sitting. To me, the latter seems to be basic common sense, that you would never apply that kind of pressure to a sensitive electronic device but others disagree that such a device should be designed with that sort of "usage" in mind.

I thought maybe I'm missing something and I should give it a try myself. So yesterday and today, I've been leaving my iPhone 4s in my back pocket, even while sitting and you know what?

It's freaking uncomfortable. It's quite literally a pain in the ___ (well, the side of my ___ to be precise.) I'm not sure how or why people justify doing this. It's a real annoyance. Do people really do this with their phone?

Think I'll go back to removing it when I sit and stop trying to understand why anyone would do such a silly thing. :D

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
... and I feel sort of idiotic.

In some of the discussions about the bending iPhone 6, I saw there were two factions: people who thought it was reasonable to leave an electronic device in your back pocket at all times (including when sitting) and those of us who have always made it a practice to remove the phone when sitting. To me, the latter seems to be basic common sense, that you would never apply that kind of pressure to a sensitive electronic device but others disagree that such a device should be designed with that sort of "usage" in mind.

I thought maybe I'm missing something and I should give it a try myself. So yesterday and today, I've been leaving my iPhone 4s in my back pocket, even while sitting and you know what?

It's freaking uncomfortable. It's quite literally a pain in the ___ (well, the side of my ___ to be precise.) I'm not sure how or why people justify doing this. It's a real annoyance. Do people really do this with their phone?

Think I'll go back to removing it when I sit and stop trying to understand why anyone would do such a silly thing. :D

Umm, the 6 Plus models were being bent in the front pocket, not sitting on them in the back pocket.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Umm, the 6 Plus models were being bent in the front pocket, not sitting on them in the back pocket.

Source?

Especially one that we know for 100% certainty that they weren't just an idiot and sat on it while it was in their back pocket and claimed "Oh noes! I mean ummm... yeaaaah... it was in my... front pocket... that's right..."

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
Some people like to have their wallet all times on his back, even it is too big

I also don't understand why, but there is people that like to keep things on their back.

I have seen some people use their ipads on the back like the one from the photo, maybe that is the way to carry the iphone 6 +

iPad-in-Pants.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.