Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

genesis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Just got my first Mac ever, it's an iBook because I needed something really compact and small for a laptop, not interested in those bulky desktop-type lappies that require a fork-lift.

Anyways, I'm loving the new mac although I have always been a PC user. I was just wondering about the keyboard, I'm having hard time getting used to it. The most annoying thing is that I can't figure out what key is "delete". As on PCs, I can be typing someting and go back and hit delete to remove characters while my cursor is in front of the character. I can backspace on my mac but I'm so damn used to using "delete" that it's getting a bit annoying.

I hope I explained the key properly, I'm sure it's a combination of keys but would be great to know.

genesis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
HA, that was it. From my previous experience with laptops and fn keys, I didn't think that would effect the delete key to work differently.

Thanks very much.

DannySmurf

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Having a second enter key rather than a forward delete key on my iBook annoyed me SO MUCH that I went looking for a way to MAKE that key a delete key. And here's the solution, in case you're interested (this requires making changes to a kext, so make sure you're up to something like that first).

http://www.snark.de/index.cgi/0007

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.